A nice family night

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's been a long time since we've had such a nice night. Starting with dinner, no arguing by difficult child or easy child-almost fell off my chair at that. Tonight we all played Wii as a family. easy child had been avoiding it for some reason, partly I think to be anti social.

difficult child was thrilled that easy child finally played a game. easy child was having a blast and believe me to get her to do anything with the entire family is near impossible. There was lots of laughter and smiles.

I feel like we actually had a "normal" (whatever that is) family evening. I could get use to nights like this but am not counting on it so I'll just savor the memory for now.

(Actually difficult child had a really good day, overall! He was very pleasant most of the day and actually very nice to me at times.)

Christy

That is so nice and to think many folks take days like these for granted. I am always planning what I hope will be a nice family time and due to difficult child's behavior it's a nightmare and then every once in awhile when the moon and the stars line up just right, I find myself relaxed and happy and I realize that we are having a nice family time together :) It's a great feeling.

Glad you had a nice night!
Christy

LittleDudesMom

That's great Sharon! You and I have many similarities with our kids. I know that my difficult child is also so happy and excited to have easy child focus on him!!!!!

I wish you many more evenings of family fun!!

Sharon

4sumrzn

That is wonderful!!!!!! I know what you mean....not counting on it happening again & savoring the moment, when it's something so rare. But, here's hoping it happens more often for your family! ;) Loved hearing that difficult child had a great day overall & everyone enjoyed the evening!