A no meltdown Thanksgiving!

TerryJ2

This yr was much better! Last yr, difficult child got sent away from the table, to his rm, and thrashed around for 2 hrs above our heads.
This yr, we had a kids' table in the kitchen, and let the kids eat and watch a movie whenever they wished. I never nagged difficult child to eat when it was hot ... I noticed he sat down and ate when it was cold and clearly, it didn't bother him in the least. So I didn't let it bother me.
We had 10 people over and one was a classmate of difficult child's ... they don't really like one another but I tried not to get in the middle of it. I only had to say two things --one was to kick off difficult child from the computer--it's not allowed when we have guests, and the other was that his classmate kept bugging me to go upstairs (I mean, a real pest) and I told him that he could only go upstairs with-difficult child. Hey, that's easy child stuff!
I started cleaning dishes and setting the table 4 days in advance and it really helped. I took the dogs in for baths 3 days in advance.
I got difficult child to help me with-a bunch of stuff the day B4--he was dying to go to a friend's house and I told him he couldn't go until his chores were finished. Whoah, talk about Speedy Gonzales! He lifted the turkey out of the freezer and put it in the sink for me, a chore I absolutely hate doing, and he literally took it off my hands. One good thing about boys and ADHD is that you can really put them to work.
I had migraines all last wk, and bad cramps this wk, so I was moving very slowly on Thanksgiving, but kept taking little breaks in between so I didn't get too tired out. I'm learning to pace myself.
Everyone had a great time and we had lots of laughs.
difficult child is at a friend's house (this mom is a saint--he's always over there) and easy child has friends downstairs. She helped me clean up this a.m., and husband is working today.
Yaaay!

:dance:

Lothlorien

We had a good day too. No meltdowns, no rages and no irrational behavior. It was a nice day, overall. Glad you had a good day.

TerryJ2

Way To Go!

It is especially good, considering that we've got two overflowing toilets and an overflowing washing machine, probably due to a backed-up septic tank. I couldn't deal with-that AND an unruly difficult child ...

... back to the plumbers downstairs ...

We had a very nice day too.

Tink woke me up early (as she has been doing all week long). "Mom, is it time to go yet?" Yeah, 6:30AM, food should be about done, sweetie. Best hurry.

Tink "invented" a pancake yesterday morning. I was mixing the batter, and out of nowhere she said "I think a little brown sugar would be good in there" so we put some in the batter. Just a little, like a tablespoonful. I asked if she thought we should add some cinnamon too. She said sure. She dumped in maybe a tsp. This was just regular pancake mix from a box. I cooked them up, and they were great! You didn't need syrup or anything. They were just barely sweet, almost like french toast.

I stuffed myself at dinner. The food was fantastic. Tink had one whole crescent roll.

TerryJ2

Wow. French toast pancakes. That sounds good! Tell her she's a chef in the making!

Yeah, 6:30AM, food should be about done, sweetie. Best hurry.

LOL!

TerryJ2

Good, Beth. The more calm holidays, the better.
He's got a paper due next wk and he's still in vacation mode ... to get it down with-o a meltdown will be nice ...