A poem

F

flutterbee

Thank you. But, I honestly don't think I write well. The only time I seem to be able to write anything is when I'm in a dark mood and then everything is just depressing - and not very good. Who wants to read that?

It feels kind of awkward to put myself out there like this and I've almost deleted the thread a couple of times. I'm not sure why I haven't. I find myself going to that place again. Maybe I'm reaching out? Maybe I just needed to give it a voice? I dunno.

I'm just so weary. And I'm running out of strength. And I'm finding it harder by the day to care.

Sigh....

This too shall pass....

meowbunny

Thank you for sharing it. I understand the pain in it. You've said it eloquently even if you don't think so. There is a true talent there.

As to the finding it harder to care, isn't it wonderful to have someone in the same place so you two can wallow together?

Andy

Wyntersgrace - This is so important - your words came from the heart and though they were during a dark time, they will help others. You state you wrote this years ago - you have left that place - you are making a difference in your children's lives - this poem will reach someone who is at the place you were when you wrote it. They will see that someone out there really does understand, someone has been there, they are not alone.

These words are touching because you wrote from your heart - they are easy to read yet pulls at the heart strings because they were so real for you.

I do feel from your posts this week that you really are struggling with something. Something that is taking you to that place again (I hope you haven't reached it yet). Maybe a little bit of everything and a whole lot of nothing? Maybe a lot of everything and nothing of nothing? I think maybe a lot of everything. What can we do to help? Have you been able to name it yet? That will help.

It saddens me to think that you are heading toward that poem again. You have given so much to this board. You are a special person and an awesome mom. What have you done in the past to regain your strength?

Extending a hand of friendship and strength needed to get pass this.

TerryJ2

Heather, I know you don't consider yourself a poet, but that's actually a great poem. Especially the comparison with-a solider, and we are all warrior moms. It speaks to all of us on different levels.
Thank you for "putting yourself out there" as you said.
And I hope tomorrow is a better day. I know the feeling. Sometimes a good night's sleep and getting a few hrs away from my difficult child is all I need.
Sometimes a trip to B&N or a gift shop works.
And sometimes just living through it for a few days, and then having it miraculously lift, works.
As you said, this too will pass.
I wish I could win the lottery and take us all on an incredible vacation in Hawaii, get massages, dig our toes in the sand, and not have to worry about our difficult children for weeks. I would fly us all out of here.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

Such a beautiful poem. You do have talent.

It took me awhile to respond to this post because it hit so close to what I've been feeling for quite some time.

I don't think it's depression with me per se, but I know I've grown weary of the fight. Seems like I get one thing settled (if I'm lucky) only to have another often worse thing to take it's place.

The thing with Kroger and Travis hit me like that. And your poem expressed it more accurately than I ever could.

I think I'm suffering from an acute case of Battle Fatigue. :(

People who have never experienced a long term dibilitating illness just can't understand how it effects you so profoundly in the non physical ways. I know that when I was at my worst physically the only thing that kept me going was my kids. If it hadn't been for them, I don't think I could've found the strength I had no idea I had in me to keep fighting the fight.

(((hugs)))