A poll....out of my own curiosity

Hanging-On

I've slept with a fan since 13yrs old. I've tried to save electricty lately, and not been sleeping with it. I toss and turn all night. Same with the boys. So I think it's a combination of the sound and movement of air.

tiredmommy

Loth,
The fan literally sits at the end of her bookcase and points directly outside her bedroom door so it doesn't add much draft to her room.

crazymama30

I can sleep anywhere, I often take naps in the car during the day when a pt cancels. I pull off the highway, in sight of highway but not too close, recline the seat, set the alarm on my cell phone, and I am out.

Background noises like TV or white noise machine would keep difficult child awake. He does not like the dark. He goes to sleep fairly easily. husband has major insominia problems, sometimes does not sleep for 1-2 days, then sleeps a whole lot.

Luminosity

My difficult child has always had music or tv. He can not and will not fall asleep without something to distract him. When he was really little his mobile played the Winnie the Pooh song. The day it broke I thought I would loose my mind... I ended up singing it every night for weeks until I found a tape with the song at the right tempo. He gradually went from kids music to the radio but now it's the tv. I have needed the tv to fall asleep since I was 12. It can't be a show where they do makeovers or renovations, it has to be a slow paced movie or tv show, often CSI. difficult child will fall asleep to cartoons.

Lumi

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child prefers to fall asleep to her stereo, but it keeps me up so after she is asleep I turn it off. If there isn't at least some type of 'white noise' in her room, she can't get to sleep.

We used to have a sound machine for her that she used faithfully from age 8 - 14, but it broke so she turned to her stereo.

I also bought a prefessional white noise machine but she prefers her stereo. In the summer, she loves having her AC running full blast or her big fan. I also like white noise - it drowns everything out. H, he hates all noise, especially if it's humming. I would use the machine if he didn't complain until I turn it off! Sometimes in the summer he will get up and just turn off the AC and we'll wake up dying from the heat!

Is that sensory or simply wanting a peaceful night's sleep?