A really minor BroomCloset vent

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, sort of.

Friend, the cafe owner, told me recently that mother in law was in there griping to her about how we know too much about husband's ex brother in law, we should be more supportive of husband's sister, etc...and then turned around and griped because husband's sister is a drunk.

husband's sister lives in a trailer behind husband's parents house. She works at a restaraunt about 20-30 hours a week, and, with tips, makes about $20 an hour, which she's proud of. Sometimes she works a second job for min wage and works a total of 40 hour weeks, but usually not. She's done this for years, even before the economy tanked. Her parents frequently cover he car insurance, groceries, etc cause she can't afford it.

I visited exBIL yesterday to attend a funeral in his family of a person I know. Afterwards, I stayed for the rest of the day to visit. husband covered my butt and told his parents and sister I was visiting "family" (I did see some of my family, too!)

On my way home last night, easy child called me. He was at husband's sister's house. He had gone to a birthday party at a bar. husband's nephew was invited, also, and dwas there, and husband's nephew decided to take the party home. husband's sister was trashed and had left the bar earlier(was not there for the party, just her usual nightly at the bar routine), but wasn't home. easy child said these peoeple were trashing her house and had broken several things off the walls. (I guess I should clarify that he was daughter for some of the party goers)

Meanwhile, I had just spent the day visiting exBIL. We played board games with the kids, watched Billy Madison, ate pizza, and had a nice family friendly time after the funeral.

And I'm the "bad one" for chosing to be friends with them??? Yeah, ok.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
To ice this cake, Two Brooms wanted to move cattle yesterday. sister in law and nephew were too busy to help. (I might add nephew has 3 or 4 cattle in this herd at Two Broom's...)

Wee was in bed asleep at noon, not feeling well, but husband needed help, so I woke Wee and we went.

Shortly after the cattle were loaded, I got a text message on my phone from a mutual friend of the boys'. She was apparently running around with nephew. She said she and nephew were getting ready to shoot some clays, they'd just gone to town and bought some, and asked if easy child and/or I wanted to come join them.

I declined.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, no. Its a problem when shooting loaded weapons around brooms, too.

And yes, that's exactly why.