A sense of accomplishment!

Kathy813

Staff member
husband and I go back to school on Wednesday. I told husband that I didn't want to wait to take down the Christmas decorations until the last minute so suggested that we get it done today. We spent all day getting the house back to normal. I even cleaned the pantry while husband worked on the bonus room closets.

The house looks great and now I still get the next three days to relax before the rat race starts again. I am going to be teaching for two different online schools this semester in addition to my day job. Add tutoring to that and I'll be a busy girl.

We haven't heard from difficult child since Christmas day when she left a message. I don't know what this means but we talked to the family counselor on Thursday and she said that difficult child was cooperating and going to all of her groups/therapy sessions.

~Kathy

buddy

Sooo jealous. I did vacuum though. Teehee. Good news about difficult child so far! Keeping a good thought!

DDD

Way To Go, Kathy. I started taking things down and boxing them up today also. Really I think it will be great to rest up for the new year. Kinda like a clean slate...or, er chalkboard...or white board or whatever the newfangled boards are called. LOL Let me be the first to wish you a Happy New Year. Your friend, DDD

Nancy

I'm with you Kathy. I took down all the decorations today and just have the tree for tomorrow which will be easy. I'm looking forward to having my house back to normal.

Calamity Jane

Enjoy your tidy house and relax for the next few days. You've been through the mill, and you are going to be very busy over the next few months. Good for you and husband!

dashcat

I so love that kind of feeling of accomplishment. Enjoy your home and relax a bit before you go back to the real world!

S

Signorina

Good for you Kathy. I still have everything up but I am itching to take it down- have to remind myself that Christmas was only a few days ago! That said - you all are motivating me to get moving...so maybe tomorrow!!

P

PatriotsGirl

Yup, we took ours down the day after just in time for the cleaning lady. Love having my house back to normal again...

Good news for difficult child...

Kathy813

Staff member
I put up less and less decorations each year because it has just become work to me. I used to love decorating for the holidays.

My mom stopped putting up a tree the last few years she was alive and I didn't understand it. Now I do. A Christmas cruise is sounding better and better to me.

~Kathy

Nancy

Kathy I was just thinking the same thing. Each year I put up less decorations. When I took them down this year I put them all in a couple boxes so I don't have to go through all the other decorations to find the few I put up. Now I can just give away all the other stuff. I remember when my mother in law stopped putting up a tree and how sad it was, I'm fast getting to that point.

rejectedmom

Way To Go Kathy and everyone else who has put their house back to normal!!! I still do the whole kitten kaboodle on the decorations and they are still up. Honestly though, they would not be up except that my grands haven't see it yet and we went away this weekend. Hoping to get it done tomorrow!!!