A short tale from the closet...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Last night, I cooked dinner for the Brooms and husband for Father's Day. At their house, but that's another story altogether that I won't go into.
husband's 23 year old nephew, who I've posted about before, has been gone 28 days to basic for the Air Force. He graduates in another month. He gets to use the phone and computer regularly to contact his mom (husband's sister) and his girlfriend.
Prior to this, he was employed about half the time (maybe) and lived with his mom. He was one of his mom's best buddies, and I think she'd have been content to have him live there forever.
My son, difficult child 1, left for boot 3 years ago. He got to write letters on Sundays. He got to make 3 phone calls during that first 3 months. There was no other way for me to contact him. He is now deployed overseas. He is missing his son's first steps, and his first birthday...
Two Brooms rarely asked about him, and asks even less now, but still...been there done that
She spent last night, while I was cooking, crying to me because husband's sister is so sad because nephew is gone and she misses him...she is just beside herself. And his girlfriend just lives beside her phone waiting for it to ring...and it is far worse than anyone else in the world has ever suffered thru.
Really, Two Brooms? Are you so inept to realize WHO you are talking to and what about?
Sometimes I wonder if that woman is on the spectrum...her level of cluelessness sometimes is beyond comprehension.

witzend

Well if your talking about the Selfish with- Head up the Hoo-Haw syndrome, she probably is. Some people just never learn empathy. Some people can never see outside their circle.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I told her repeatedly.

I told her most families missed their kids that enlisted. I told her they were lucky to have contact. I told her he was just a few hundred miles away, not halfway arouond the world, or in IRaq or Afghanistan. I Told her MY son went away, too, and i Lived.

Then I just shut up.

susiestar

Roll With It
How come you haven't whomped her upside that round thing that pretends to be her head? I really do not think this is an autism spectrum issue. It is a "Nobody Matters But Me" issue. She can ONLY care about a very select group that tells her how amazing she is. Or that she thinks says that.

IF she truly is that oblivious it is because she has trained herself to be that way. She has acted so outrageously so often because she knows it makes everyone reluctant to challenge or criticize or correct her because she might do something worse. What a hag.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You're right, Susie, I don't really think its a specturm thing. I think its a "maybe had some social issues but decided to continue to be a dork at age 15 than man up and become a person people want to be with" syndrome.

Heck, she ended up married cause her hubby was retalitating against his recently lost girlfriend and Two Broom's mom....they didn't have kids for several years cause her hubby "wasn't around enough"...(ps hubby has expressed regret about the marriage.)

I'd love to knock her upside the head. She knows where I stand and has made some slight efforts to at least appease me (tho she does not believe what I think has any merit). She's almosst old as dirt. I avoid her as much as possible without making myself stoop to her levls, beyond that, I just pray...

Last edited: