a simultaneous "son-in"

Sunlight

my sons both called me today at the same time. lol
ant has met another woman on the internet and has slept there since thursday. his stuff is still at the apartment in the bad area. she is 26 and has an apartment built into her parent's house. I asked if her folks and two brothers minded her having some new guy she just met...sleep with her there. he said "no they are cool".

he said he loved me, and to have a great mother's day. we actually talked 10 minutes and no one yelled. lol I told him I loved him and I know he is going to figure his life out one day. we didnt talk about any of his bad stuff.

the other son called. he was at his cop job 3-11 last night, they are busy and he is working 7-3 and 3-11 again! he said my presents are in his car and he will see me in the morning sometime. he said he loved me.

ok so I am blessed. lmao

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm also counting my blessings. Rob called this morning after I left to go to the grocery store. He left a cute HMD message that ended with "I love you, Mom."

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Suz

Loris

How neat for both of you! My oldest son gave me a beautiful card telling me how much he loved me and thanking me for all I have done for him. I was thrilled. And my youngest called from Texas at the crack of dawn to wish me Happy Mothers Day!

judi

My oldest son and his wife gave me a beautiful photo album and card. difficult child didn't call or otherwise acknowledge the day.

everywoman

My pcson invited me and my difficult child-mom to dinner. He grilled chicken and we had a nice visit. Grandson was cute as can be and can't spend enough time with me!!! Pcdaugther and difficult child both gave me cards and husband gave me a nice cellphone from he and the kids.

SunnyFlorida

difficult child 2 and girlfriend bought me roses and difficult child 1 sent a card "to the toughest mom in the world" (for putting up with him).

Yes Janet, we are blessed.

catwoman

I got an e-mail from my son wishing me Happy Mother's Day an saying he loved me. First time in over 3 years! It felt great.

Ally

I got a phone call from difficult child wishing me Happy Mothers Day and she called last week and asked SO to buy me a dozen red roses for Mothers Day (which I didnt get but an iPod shuffle instead)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmmmm. Sounds like some good Mother's Days here. :grin:

All 3 kids surprised me with dinner at the Mexican restaurant. (my fav place to eat) And bought me a mother/child cameo necklace. Grandkids got me a figurine of a mother and child.

husband barely squeeked in with roses right on the line. :rofl:

KFld

My easy child daughter gave me a beautiful card and flowers and difficult child called me first thing in the morning and showed up last night with a really nice card and a movie he bought me, on sale, wrapped in notebook paper that he wrote the words wrapping paper on :smile: I told him he didn't need to spend his money on me, which I know he didn't have and that a card would have been just fine, but he said, no I needed to spend it on you.

I had a wonderful day and it sounds like many of us did, surprisingly enough!!

jbrain

Hi,
I had a really nice day too. Went and bought flowers and pots to plant them in for my back screened-in porch. husband and I went out to eat and while there my cell phone rang and I saw it was Emily. I didn't answer but checked the message she left and she said she just wanted to wish me a happy Mother's Day on the real day and hoped I was having a good day.

Molly wished me a happy Mother's Day and hung out with me and husband for a while last night (being 16 she doesn't like to be around us too much) and my son gave me a basket of stuff from Bath and Bodyworks.

I made the mistake of trying to be too friendly with Bunny, the pet rat, and he bit me again--not very nice to his new mom!

Molly says she saw Emily downtown a few days ago and she was with the boyfriend--no big surprise to me but she has maintained that they broke up a while ago. It is nice not to have to really care, doesn't affect my life at all anymore--yay!

So glad that many of us ended up having a decent day!

Jane

saving grace

My son bought me a beautiful card, some flowers that he asked the florist to take out the carnations from the bouquet because neither one of us likes them and he bought be a slush from the ice cream store. He had brunch with us then him and I went to the flea market. It doesnt get better than that!!

Grace

KFld

Oh, I forgot about the other part of my difficult child's gift. I don't know how the conversation came up one day, but I mentioned something about how when I was growing up we used to buy those wax lip candies, and they sell them at his store, so he bought me some wax lips. LMAO!!

Sunlight

lol I remember those wax lips!

I loved what nick's card to me said:
"it isnt easy having your mom always trying to tell you what to do...but it is nice to know she thinks you can do anything." "thanks for believing in me, Mom."

Jen

That is good to hear from them, and that they at least acknowledged it. My difficult child son came into town with his wife and baby a few days ahead. He didnt say a thing about it, other than wondering how at my age,lol I can work and help take care of my 2yold grandson and keep his 2 and 1/2 month old for 2 nights. So was that a compliment or not?

I heard from my easy child daughter that is now in the service by phone and a card today. I think the girls are diff, esp. if they are Moms themselves.

Jen

hearthope

I made up my mind that not hearing from difficult child would not ruin my day and it didn't!

easy child's great boy friend called to wish me happy mother's day. They are only friends but he is the best guy in the world. Loves easy child to death, but she only sees him as a friend.

husband, easy child and I lay on floats at the lake and husband grilled out steaks when we got home. easy child and her boy "friend" were there so there was lots of laughter and it felt like the the house was full.

I really had a great day. and I am glad so many others had a great day as well.

jbrain

I'm glad, HH, that you had a great day--good for you! It sounds like a lot of fun and I'm glad the rest of your family appreciates you.
Jane

DammitJanet

Well...Im coming late to this thread but my mothers day got started the day before mothers day and it was interesting to say the least!

Jamies baby shower was planned for saturday and it was very fun. It was more like a huge reunion of family and friends of his new girlfriend and him. He had something very special planned for this little get together too. In the middle of this shower during one of the games, he proposed to Billie! So on Mothers Day weekend I got a new daughter in law to be as well as a whole new family in law...lmao.

I still cant tell you who all the new in laws are so dont ask...lol.