A tale of 5 states- there and back!

DammitJanet

Tony and I left for Cleveland on a wing and a prayer in a car we didnt think would make it. The car roared louder and louder the longer we drove and we really were starting to think disaster was going to strike but board prayers intervened again and my car made it. I dont think anyone was more glad to see the signs for Cleveland than we were!

On Friday night after we arrived I left Tony at our hotel and went over to everyone else's hotel to meet up with them. As I walked in, I realized I didnt know how to find anyone at the hotel! I walked over to the desk and said to the clerk...Uhmmm...I am looking for some ladies but I dont know last names, just first names and internet names! I have name badges! LOL. After he looked at me a bit oddly for a moment he asked me if I was with the Conduct Disorders group...lol. Then he told me they were in the lounge. Thank heavens.

Meeting everyone was so great. I was so at ease which is saying something for me. I am never at ease but I was with this great group of people. Tony was really pleased to meet so many of the people who had been there for our family when I was so sick and had been involved in our lives for so long. It was just amazing.

After the get together, we decided to take our chances and take the car down to Heather (flutterby), near Columbus to try and get the car fixed. She was nice enough to let us spend the night with her on Sunday night so Tony could find somewhere on Monday to get the car fixed. He did at a nice place early Monday morning and we got on the road home at noon Monday.

We made it western VA on Monday night and stopped near Bristol VA/TN. Tuesday morning we got up and drove over to see the Bristol Motor Speedway because we are huge NASCAR fans. Then we got back on mountain roads to go through the mountains so Tony could have his fun. He is now fishing. He stuck me in a little motel which works for me...lol. We drove and ooohhhed and ahhhed at all the beautiful mountain scenes while driving but he so wanted to fish so he put me here in the mountains of Va where they have free internet and tv, life is good!

I should be home sometime late tomorrow nite unless he finds more fishing areas, LOL.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, it was so wonderful to meet you and your sweet Tony! We've been wondering when you would check in. I'm so glad that your car is ok and that you have internet access- lol!

Hugs,
Suz

flutterby

Fly away!
I really enjoyed having you here! :D I'm glad you're having a nice, lazy drive home.

And Tony found me a new place to have car repairs done! LOL

DammitJanet

I have a car with a new wheel bearing, internet, tv, popcorn and diet coke. What more could I ask for? Well cell phone service would be nice but I wont be greedy!

klmno

Janet, I'm glad you got to make the trip and that you and Tony are enjoying yourselves! I love the mountains and the peace and quiet that come with them. I hope you get home relaxed and rejuvenated! You and Tony needed this time.

tiredmommy

I'm sorry about the car trouble but glad you got to meet Heather. This way, she got to experience a little bit of the board get-together.

busywend

Glad to hear you are safe and your car is repaired. Sounds like you are having a great time! It was great meeting you and Tony! Can't wait for the next one!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
ROFL- Exorcist, anyone?

Well, aside from the red eyes, I still think it's a terrific picture of the two of you.

Suz

everywoman

I'm so glad you and Tony are enjoying your week. Take your time. Home will still be there when you get there. You need to go with Tony to Charleston one week, and I'll meet you for lunch.

Nancy

Janet,

I was so happy to meet you and Tony. Not to give Tony a big head but all of us thought he was just terrific. I'm so glad you got the car fixed and found your way to some fishing holes. I agree that the drive through from here to North Carolina is very nice. If I had the time I would just drive a couple hours every day and stop in a different city.

After all these years I was thrilled to be able to put a face to your name, and what a genuinely nice person you are.

Nancy

DammitJanet

Thanks guys. Tony is kinda special. Not every guy would have put up with me all these years...lol. We really did grow up together. It was so good for me...and him... to put a face along with all the little names that have been on the screen of my computer for so long. For oh so many days and nights- those names- have been the lifeline that have kept me company, kept me sane and kept me alive. Now I have faces to put beside those names. One day I hope to have many more names and faces and personalities to fill my life.

This board is so much more than just a website.

flutterby

Fly away!
by the way, difficult child was really upset that she didn't get to say bye. I thought she was still sleeping, but she wasn't. I told her I would tell you 'bye' for her.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm SO glad I finally got to speak to you!!!!! After what nine - ten years? ANd what a shocker that Tony was in the pictures...I figured he'd be somewhere at Lake Erie with a pole, chair and lantern fishing for Walleye or Pike...lol...:surprise:

Good now that your car is fixed you can come to the Columbia Zoo - lol. They don't have a donkey - but that's okay - they have giraffes!

Glad you both are home safe. Many hugs and love -

Suz takes very good pictures - it does look like a Christmas card...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I was sooooo thrilled to meet you and Tony!! I'm so glad you were able to get the car repaired while at Heather's. And that let you visit with her as well. I sure wish she could've made it to the gathering too.

Tell Tony to have fun fishing. You guys sound like you're having a blast and Lord knows you deserve it.

Nichole has loved looking at all the pics and listening to all that happened. easy child is coming over tomorrow to view the pics too. Aubrey told me when I got home that Nana's arent' supposed to go on vacation. lol She's sticking to me like velcro as are the animals. ;)

Let us know when you get home. Enjoy yourselves.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh.........by the way........... I think I might be able to fix the red eye in that photo.......I''l play with it tomorrow. :)