A Time To Dance

Roxona

No, this isn't about the fun, but somewhat cheesy Footloose movie we knew in the 80s, but it's close!

J is going to prom with his girlfriend tonight!!!!

I'm so excited for him and his girlfriend. A year ago I would never have thought it would be possible. He's finally acting like a normal teenager, and I'm very, very grateful.

We spend a lot of time sharing our sorrows on this board. Tonight, however, I would like to share my celebration with you.

Much love and peace to each of you tonight. :flirtysmile3:

HMBgal

That is sweet. It gives me hope. You look at these young people that you are trying to raise and the years of isolation are so painful to witness and you despair that it will always be so. I hope he has a wonderful time.

Roxona

They had an excellent time. We got them a gift card to my favorite little family owned Mexican restaurant. They have a beautiful patio with a waterfall and koi pond, and I had the owner save the best table for them. After that they went to prom at the Hyatt Tamaya which is the nicest resort hotel in our area. J's girlfriend was impressed by it all. She's a sweet girl and deserved to have such a special night. J deserves it too. He's been trying so hard to do the right thing. I didn't have to worry about them either as they came back to our house a little before midnight. It all went perfect. :)