A truly low-fat Caesar dressing

F

flutterbee

I *love* Caesar dressing...on salads, in wraps, as a dip. But, it's very high in fat. Even the 'low-fat' versions still have around 12g of fat per serving.

However, I found one with only 3g of fat with 0g saturated fat and 0g trans fat. It's Blanchard & Blanchard All Natural Low Fat Caesar Parmesan Dressing. It is soooo good. And I can eat my Caesar dressing again!

I found it at Kroger, but I know they didn't carry it until they revamped our store. I found it with the salad dressings, but you might also check natural food stores or check Kosher sections of stores. Oh, it's also Gluten Free.

Marguerite

Blast, I thought it was a recipe. We won't be able to get that here. Just a word of warning, though - check the sugar content. It's amazing how the low-fat version of something often has more sugar. We like Thousand Island Dressing, but when I bought the low-fat version the kids said it tasted too sweet. So I checked the labels - it had considerably more sugar than the regular Thousand Island Dressing of the same brand. I really wish they wouldn't do that! It probably piles on even more weight than the fat would have.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

I'm not a big fan of fat free salad dressings that are oil based. They kinda leave a "skim" on my tongue. I buy light oil based dressings and then, the first time I open it I pour off the oil on the top. I will check out our local Kroger and see if they have that ceaser dressing. Thanks!

Sharon