A very good Friday morning, my friends...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yes, we made it through the week :bravo: Time to kick back with a good glass of wine & be waited on by our loving husbands & children. :smile:

Okay, back to reality - it's below zero here in MN. :cold: My bird friends are awfully glad that I got out yesterday to refill the feeders & such - so am I.

Nothing on the agenda today except to get kt off to respite this afternoon. I rescheduled my eye appointment for next Tuesday morning. Nothing like a pj day with a pot of homemade soup simmering & packing your child off to respite. My kind of day.

Enjoy your Friday - hope it's a calm, cooperative day.

F

flutterbee

Good morning, Linda -

You and I are synched up tonight (oops...guess it's morning) as to when we're online. Enjoy your pj day and your kid-free weekend.

easy child has early release today, which means he'll get out of school at 12:30. He'll be making plans to stay at a friends, I do believe. One of his friends wants him to hang out tomorrow, but we're supposed to be in the middle of a snow storm then, so I told him he'd have to go tonight and stay. :sled: easy child is a homebody - he'd rather his friends stay here - so we'll see if he goes.

difficult child and I will be pouring over cookbooks and online recipe sites for meal ideas. I have chicken breast and pork chops in my freezer and am looking for new ideas. And I need to finish unpacking my room...then I'll be completely moved in.

I'm even more off today than normal thanks to medications and I keep thinking I have somewhere I'm supposed to be today or something I'm supposed to do, but for all I know I could be imagining it. If you guys know what it is, would you let me know, please? :hammer:

:rofl:

Enjoy your day! :snowman:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Soup simmering sounds awesome and respite sounds great too! Enjoy your day!

Heather-Good luck on the meal ideas-I hope you find something so good you'll want to share the recipe!

As for me, I'm just so glad it is finally Friday. It's been one heck of a week. Between easy child and difficult child I don't know which has been worse-well at home easy child takes the prize for being the worst, at school difficult child does. I was supposed to go to my work holiday party after school but have decided I'm too exhausted. I think other than the health club (I've only been twice this week-and that's not like me) I don't plan on doing anything-just getting to bed early!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful, free-choice Friday! :rudolph:

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: :xmasdancers: It's Free Choice Friday :xmasdancers: :xmasdancers:

Good Morning!!!

Linda, sounds like you have a nice day planned. We have skirted the snow the the cold weather lately and will also be left dry (well there will be some cold rain tomorrow) with the latest east coast storm. But, I can relate to the pot of soup and the glass of wine :smile: Enjoy your weekend.

Heather, sounds like you have a nice Friday planned as well. I have a crock recipe you might enjoy. Take the pork or the chicken, pop it in the crock pot and cover with one can of whole berry cranberry and one envelope of Lipton beefy onion soup mix (if you have it, I add a little red wine). Cook that in the crock pot all day - delicious!!!! I guarantee it will be a family fav - both my kids love it (I've done both chicken breast and pork loin, we enjoy the pork more) :smile:.

Sharon, I replied on your other post this morning. I totally understand your desire to come home, put on the jams and crawl into bed! I hope the weekend allows the whole family to relax and regroup :miseltoe:

I have a hair appointment this morning then I have to go back to the office and do about two hours of work. I am always really busy this time of the year but we are trying to close up a four townhouse project so I'm working with our project manager to get all the expenses accounted for so that we can pay everyone off before the holidays (need to request a final draw from the bank). This means we are contacted some of our subs, contractors, and vendors and getting figures from those who have not provided us an invoice yet. Just have to "earmark" the money. But, after that's done, I'm off for the weekend!!

Nothing huge on the agenda this weekend. Packing up our homemade fudge for all the teachers (difficult child's last day is tues and easy child's is 1/2 day wed) is the only definate all weekend! It's going to be chilly this weekend and we have three new Netflix movies arriving today. Maybe the evil chair, the fire, and some movies!

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend and wishing all the difficult children out there calm. :gingerbread:

Sharon

happymomof2

Good Morning all,

easy child has the mile run at school today so I will go to that. :treadmill:

husband doesn't have any work today. :crying:

difficult child has lots of schoolwork to finish up and his essay and apology letter for the probation officer. I want him to get it all finished by Monday. :rofl:

He also wants to go to the mall and see a movie tomorrow with his girlfriend. We have no money for this and I am really not ready to let him venture out without either me or a parent that knows our situation right now. Can't keep him locked up in the house forever though. :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a wonderful meltdown free Friday and weekend.

Laura

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Looks like we're all ready for the weekend, as it should be.

Linda enjoy your respite weekend and that soup. Funny, I threw together a nice soup yesterday so now I don't have to cook tonight! I will just pick up some nice crunchy bread for H and he'll be happy.

Heather, I hope you have a Friday afternoon of peace and quiet. I hate searching for new meal ideas but then I'm happy I did. Good luck!

Sharon, I think it's awesome that you continue to care for yourself by going to the gym :smile:, even when you're exhausted. Take care of you tonight.

Sharon, homemade fudge! Yum! We used to have this great guy in our office who would share his wife's homemade fudge with us each and then he up and retired. I always mess it up. Maybe easy child should give it a try - everything she touches is golden. Enjoy the weekend!

Laura, when I read about the mile, I cracked up. My kids hated the mile and would try to get out of it everytime - so much complaining that I even wanted them to get out of it! I hope your son can find a way to earn some money for himself (maybe helping neighbors) so he can go to the movies. 14 is such a strange age.

Well, count me in as another one who is thankful it's Friday. Last nights snowstorm was a doosey! :blizzard: Just about a foot up here in the northwest hills of CT. H was out there for almost 2 hours cleaning up the walk and drive - he even did our neighbor's walk he was having such fun with his snowblower. :laugh: I love it after a snowstorm - it was so nice out last night when it was all over. Anyway, good cleanup means no delays, so I am off to finish up my Friday. I'm picking up all my supplies for baking this afternoon and then I will be in the kitchen baking all weekend-Yeah! I told easy child she should come home and help me because difficult child is not into it at all.

Have a great one and hello to anyone who snuck in behind me.♥

Marguerite

G'day everybody, I'm a bit late. I've been busy in the kitchen, husband was late home because he was printing our annual Christmas missive after work, so dinner was late, everything else was late...

Not a great day today. difficult child 3 was distracted, I was in a lot more pain than usual (my fault, eating too many cherries which then speeds up the metabolism of my medications so they don't get time to work properly). Maybe beach tomorrow. But when difficult child 3 has finished the worksheet he's begun, then I will immediately shift him to next year's work to get a head start.

One week to go, before the end of the school year. We've almost finished our Christmas shopping, I should have our cards posted off on Monday, then I will wrap presents and hopefully find I have something for everyone. I hate wrapping late on Christmas Eve and then finding I've forgotten someone; and it's too late to go to the shops for a last-minute gift. It's a bit more complicated this year because we're giving a lot of large gifts from several people, which someone else has bought. Or which I bought so long ago that I've forgotten about it! This time, we have to be organised by next Wednesday, so we can give our Perth pressies to mother in law to take with her.

A busy week next week. Gotta do it all NOW. Going to be busy this weekend...

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

fedup

I awoke to a phone call this morning. I had 3 appointments at one place, with different techs. One of the techs called out. I rescheduled all the appointments- with great relief.

My day ws going to be far too full, because I not only have to get ready for vacation YEH!, and for our younger daughter to arrive home tonight; I have a lot of regular Friday running around to do which includes difficult child who is going to do some household maintenance for us while we are gone. He is starting to turn around and find himself. He needs rent money, I need work done that hubby doesn't get to. Works out for me!

Now, that two or three hours that ws bitten out of the middle of my day is clear, and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Hope everyone has a great day, and is able to relax a bit.

Fran

Former desparate mom
:santa: Good Morning all. It's starting to wind up for the Christmas baking and preparation. It's a quieter Christmas than usual since the house isn't really ready for large gatherings, the in laws will be here as well as our son's. It's amazing how much less stressed I am this year since I don't have hordes of people to feed. :xmasdancers:
I do miss them though. Next year we will return to the norm.

I hope to finish the lights today. :xmasdec: send the last in law their gift. :xgift: and finish up cards. :santa:

Our weather is cooling a bit but our serious drought continues. Hope those hit with the snowy weather stay warm and dry. :snowman:

Have a wonderful day everyone.