A very good Friday morning to you....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee: :woohoo: it's Friday. The end of a week of dealing with twits - twits have the weekend off! :hammer: :rofl:

It's to be another chilly day - actually all through the weekend. It's the type of day to make a pot of soup followed by a pot of chili. :its_all_good: Covered for the weekend, in my humble opinion!

I have a fluoroscene angiogram scheduled early this morning - husband has to drive be to & from this appointment as this is running a dye through the smallest blood vessels in my eyes. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Enjoy your Friday - keep it calm.

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: :woohoo: Good Free Choice Friday Morning :woohoo: :good_morning:

Linda, it certainly is great to have reached the end of the week! I hope your appointment goes well today. Speaking of soup, easy child asked me Wed night if I could make some homemade vegetable soup (she loves my soup). I'll be doing that this afternoon. :thumb:

I have a fairly busy day today. I'll run a couple errands right after dropping off difficult child and then get back home to meet the cleaning crew. I'll let them in then I have to run to Costco. My youth Sunday School class is serving and preparing dinner for a homeless group (35) Sunday night and then preparing them a bag lunch to take with them the next day. I have to get the food. We are serving chicken, green beans, fruit salad, rolls, and ice cream. The kids set the menu :smile:!

Once I finish that run I'll hit the drug store and then to church to store the food for Sunday. I hope it's not too late by then because I would like to make it to the nail place :lipstick: - gotta fit something for me in that day!!!

I hope your day is a good one - keep it warm :hawaii_girl:

Sharon

SaraT

:good_morning:

My day is going to be full of 3rd graders.

I am helping/chaperoning the field trip for my 8yr old. Going to Children's Museum. Could be interesting. I went with them last year too and it was fun. The kids love that museum because they can touch things in it.

IEP meeting yesterday was a complete waste of time(but that is another story).

Have a good Friday All. :coffee:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, I hope the test goes OK and it's too much of an ordeal.

LDM/Sharon, that dinner sounds delicious. It's good for the kids to do something like this - good on so many levels.

SaraT, the field trip sounds interesting. I think any museum that is hands on is the best kind there is. Sorry the IEP meeting was a wash-out.

I had a quiet day today - rain on and off, I needed to rest, difficult child 3's best mate came round to visit because his mother was working and she's trying to get him to look after himself more and stay home, instead of going to vacation care. So he and difficult child 3 had a great time all day, they are such good mates. A big age difference - difficult child 3 is more like an older brother for this guy, who is 9 (also mildly autistic).

I've been experimenting with a few recipes in the last couple of days, making do with spare ingredients in the fridge. Time to eat through more frozen supplies!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-It is good it is Friday-I hope your appointment. goes well!

Sharon-Sounds like a very busy day for you. How great that your class is preparing the meal! I hope you find time for the nail place.

Sara-Have fun on the field trip!!

Marg-I'm glad you had quiet day-you deserve it!

I'm off to work in a bit. It's the school spelling bee and I'm the spelling bee coordinator so always a bit extra to do. After work I have to hit the health club-it hasn't been a good eating week!

I hope everyone has a peaceful day!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :good_morning:
Linda- Does this mean your eyes will glow? :hypnosis:
LDM- What a wonderful service project! I'm sure the teens will remember it for a very long time. :thumb:
SaraT- Good luck, you'll be in my thoughts! FWIW, it's been my experience that teachers often put the most difficult kids with the parents of difficult children because they think we can handle them well, lol! :rofl:
Marg- I'm glad you finally had a restful day. It's also good for difficult child 3 to be "a big brother", I'm sure it's helping him as much as the other little guy. :warrior:
Sharon- Have fun at the spelling bee. This one is for you:
A-n-t-i-d-i-s-e-s-t-a-b-l-i-s-h-m-e-n-t-a-r-y-i-s-m. :reading:
I've got a killer day: Duckie's school party, then a ton of kids come here this evening for her "friends" party, three won't leave until tomorrow. :woohoo:
I'm going to need a bigger coffee cup... :coffee:
Have a great day! :blizzard:

Marguerite

TM, it's "antidisestablishmentarianism" - we all knew how to spell it when I was a kid, but none of us knew what it meant. It took an 80s British sitcom, "Yes, Prime Minister", to teach me what it meant.

Marg