A very good Monday morning.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
friends & fellow :warrior: parents.

It's a balmy 63 degrees & I expect it will be a beautiful day. I expect that because I refuse to check the weather forecasts. If I do it will be another dreary stormy day....I don't think I can abide another dreary day.

kt is off school this week & starts ESY next Monday. As much as I can we are going to do some fun things this week. I'd really like to take her to see the Indiana Jones movie. As we are going down to visit my dad for Father's day this coming Friday I need to keep it calm & not push myself too much.

Today is my day of paying bills :check_writer: & laundry. kt has promised to do all the stairs for husband this week (she's trying to save money for some new makeup & this will be in addition to her weekly allowance).

Hoping to toddle about the yard today or tomorrow & see what needs planting. Our landscape guy is coming in this week to give us a quote on planting, pruning & whatever else needs to be done.

Have a good Monday friends. I hope your difficult children are cooperative & you find some time in your busy day for pampering yourselves. :queen:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I wish I hadn't checked our forecast! I hope you get to the Indiana Jones movie-we really liked it. I hope kt has a great week off.

The weather is the main story here. Yesterday we had 4 1/4 inches of rain for a grand total of just over 6 inches between Sat. and Sun.
Of course, rain is in the forecast for the entire week! We've also had severe storms with a lot of the rain-yuck! I want to see sunshine!!! I haven't checked yet to see if we have water in the basement.

So begins the last week of school!!!!!!!!!!!!Most schools around here are done but not us. I'm crossing fingers for a quick week and also that the weather holds for our picnic tomorrow and our field trip on Wednesday.

After work today a visit to the health club is in order:exercisebike:

Wishing everyone a day of smiles and laughter and sunshine in your heart (even if it's not sunny weatherwise).:flowers:

LittleDudesMom

:hot: Good Morning from sultry central Virginia :hot:

Linda, like Sharon, we enjoyed the Indiana Jones movie here as well. Hope you are able to take kt to see it. Sounds like you and kt will have a nice week together - enjoy the down time with your daughter.

Sharon, count down those last days girl! Mine go till Thursday and they can taste summer already!!!!!!! Stay safe and dry.

Where Wiped is experiencing endless rain, we are experiencing endless heat. No rain in the forecast for the next seven days and today's temp is foreast for 102. Fortunately I have dark wood blinds in the downstairs of my house so these are the kind of days everything is shut and it stays dark and cool. We are in hibernation mode!!!!

Wishing everyone a great Monday - don't forget the No Meltdown part.....

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, I hope the weather clears up for you. Although maybe some dull weather will encourage you to take things easy and build up your energy reserves? As for something to do with kt - what about making a batch of biscuits? I love to cut them into shapes, and sometimes do two different flavours/colours and swap cutout bits between biscuits, to give a two-tone effect.

Sharon/Wiped, that sounds like a lot of rain you're getting. Can you store any of it? A neighbour of ours built a sump which he used to store excess rainfall, and during hot dry weather he would pump the water out of the sump and underneath the lawn via irrigation pipes. In wet weather, it just went the other way. They had the best garden!

Sharon/LDM, hibernation mode is the best way to weather the extreme heat. Another tip (if you're not already doing it) - store bottles of water in the fridge, or even the freezer, to give you plenty of cool water to drink. As a frozen water bottle begins to thaw you drink the meltwater, then fill it from the tap. This melts it more and chills it at the same time. It can get you a lot more chilled water than just adding ice. I hate it in heatwaves when the water gets too hot to drink.

difficult child 3 has to do a maths exam tomorrow. I didn't get to do it with him over the weekend, so tomorrow will have to do. We should have a fairly empty house, which is important. He has a study day at school on Thursday, so I'll take the paper in then, plus any completed work (saves the time it takes if I post it).

We had a quiet day today, just mucking around and not doing anything. husband spent the day familiarising himself with the new computer and customising it a bit more to our usage. We've just cooked a stir-fry Chinese-style meal for "the horde". We need a big wok!

easy child & BF1 went home early this morning, easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 were at work all day, but we had our full contingent for dinner tonight.
husband has a day off tomorrow but is going out to his podiatrist appointment in the morning. I think it will be busy tomorrow for me and difficult child 3.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everybody.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

I'm in a RUSH - I just looked at the time and if I don't get moving quickly, I'm going to be late - I'm meeting a friend for coffee. Believe me, I really need more today:bloodshot:...

Anyway, as always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:bigsmile::playingball::picnic::swimming::beach_ball: I'm so happy the sun is out even if it is going to be :hot:today... WFEN

dreamer

good morning everyone. I am crabby this morning, LOL- way too much extreme heat, especially so early in the season....heat index was 102 yesterday and the air cond in house went out, aas did the air in ALL 3 cars last week.
and I cannot even go sit outside becuz the massive tstorms and even tornados keep ripping thru here.
It has now been at least a full week and 2-3 days of this, and the damage to the trees and bldgs in the area is piling up pretty bad. We have standing water everywhere, and downed trees everywhere.
Yesterday was PCs graduation, and it was so crowded, and held indoors becuz a terrible storm ripped thru just before the ceremony. People were upset becuz of the weather and the crowd and due to downed trees etc, nearly everyone arrived late. Unexpectedly, tho, that storm lowered the outside temp far more than the weatherpeople predicted, so at least it did cool us off a little. So it is yet another day of cleaning up fallen trees etc in between fresh storms. and trying to keep cool......and kids cannot even go to the pool becuz the weather is just too volatile, so the pool won't even open maybe at all, and since the kids are still IN school - the pool would not open till 5 pm anyway.
Sending my best wishes to everyone who is currently stuck in a nasty ongoing weather mess. Hope everyone has a good day. I think today around here that translates to "please no more fallen trees and rageing rising river water topping the roads just for today?"