A very good Monday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning:

Good morning friends & fellow warrior parents,

I woke up early & feeling like a human being this morning. :jumphappy: I'm hoping this level of energy hangs out enough for me to accomplish cleaning off my desk & paying bills. :check_writer:

I won't count on it so I won't be disappointed. :rofl:

kt has a psychiatrist appointment this afternoon after school & that's all on my calendar today. kt & her PCA, after psychiatrist appointment, are planning on taking a bike ride to the park. Thank goodness I have my bike & helmet that PCA can use.

I just started listening to a book named Terra Incognito - based on an early Roman army plot. It seems to be pretty amusing/entertaining so far. I hope to sit up long enough to get through a few chapters & finally finish a painting I had ignored for a month or so. :painter:

We'll see - learning to be flexible as my body isn't. :winks:

A good day to you all - hope you accomplish all you set out to do & that your difficult children are cooperative & in good spirits.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Linda- It sounds like your day is mapped out. I hope your energy level holds out and today is the day your body starts bouncing back. :thumbsup:

Duckie starts handwriting camp this morning and has a play date this afternoon. I have more laundry and groceries. We may go star gazing if the sky is clear tonight, and it's not too hot. Ugh! I don't like hot and humid!:hot:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Linda, It's nice to see you so cheerful and energetic so early.:D I hope you get through the chores quickly and have enough energy left to enjoy your afternoon while Kt is riding bikes with PCA.:painter::reading:

I'm going to drive difficult child 2 to the bus stop for camp this morning:jumphappy:. husband left early this morning to drive difficult child 1 back to his camp internship:its_all_good:. It doesn't look like the weather is going to be too nice today. easy child and I were planning on going to the beach but may have to clean the house instead...:(

Anyway, even though I don't have to get out of the car at the bus stop, I need to change - I think my pjs are a bit too casual... Got to go.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today.:flower: WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Glad to hear you have some energy this morning! Enjoy the book and the painting!

TM-Stargazing sounds like fun-only here you would get eaten alive by mosquitoes! I hate humid-don't mine the hot!

WFEN-I hope the weather holds out so you can make it to the beach!!! Cleaning doesn't sound like a good alternative.

It's going to be hot and humid today, I broke down last night and turned the a.c. back on.

difficult child heads back to day camp today. Tonight he is going to respite so he will miss camp tomorrow. husband and I will head to the club as soon as we drop off difficult child and ten head home for a nap!

This afternoon we are meeting with someone about difficult child and working on ironing out his crisis plan.

With difficult child and easy child gone tonight it will be really quiet. husband and I may go out to dinner.

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, I hope today's bike ride goes well and the painting does what you want it to. I bought some paper today, to do some work with oils, see how I go. I only went into the art supply shop to buy crayons, honest...

TM, I hope the handwriting camp helps Duckie. The star-gazing sounds great, I hope the sky stays clear for you to see them well. Do you have somewhere to go that isn't too badly affected by light pollution?

WFEN, I hope you get your beach trip. And yes, I do agree, I think you need to get dressed before driving difficult child 2 to the bus stop! Getting dressed first will give you a head start on your day and the house could be cleaned much more quickly, leaving you more time at the beach (ie do both) regardless of the weather.

Sharon/Wiped, I hope your meeting can come up with some practical proposals for difficult child's management.

What a day! Busy but moderately productive...

I had a neurologist appointment plus mother in law & I had to see our GP later on. And whenever we're going "to the mainland" we organise ourselves to do everything we can fit in, to get the best use out of the trip.

The neurologist - fairly happy with my progress. The GP - we managed to arrange things so easy child 2/difficult child 2 could be seen as well, the doctor has been hassling her to come in and talk. Turns out she'd had a couple of abnormal tests and they need to keep a close eye on her.

We got a lot of incidental shopping done, including buying a replacement DVD player for the old one which shut down on Friday night. easy child 2/difficult child 2 dragged me upstairs to buy a winter jacket that doesn't look so baggy and daggy. It felt odd to be clothes shopping in a store mostly frequented by young people.

Then we got home - to find difficult child 1 already home from work, watching a DVD - on our 'broken' DVD player! "Gee, Mum, why did you buy a new one? This one works just fine!"

Grr.

Tomorrow husband is home for the day, I know he was hoping to catch up with some of his hobbies. It's raining at the moment, forecast to be cold and miserable, so I hope the weather lets him do what he is planning. I might use the opportunity to get difficult child 3 to catch up on some schoolwork that should have been completed by last Friday.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:beautiful-female: Good Morning All!

Linda, glad to hear your energy is increased this morning. Hope it carries you through all you hoped to do today.

TM, I've the grocer to get done today but I finished all the laundry this weekend! Hope you get that star gazing in.

WFEN, hope you got out of those pj's! Wishing the weather clears for you today so you can hit the shore!

Sharon, you all have really been getting a handle on services and plans for difficult child this summer. It is great that you have found this program. Enjoy the respite this evening!

Marg, knew you had a busy day today. Bummer about the dvd player - always ask the kids, the techies, before you buy any new electronic! Hope husband has a nice day off.

Today I've the grocer and general household stuff. Today is our yard sale hour day. An hour spent together cleaning out things for the yard sale. I sent an email out last thursday to everyone on the block (we have a really strong neighborhood association and every block has a captain that shares information and news via email with their neighbors - I got all the addies from him) asking about their interest in having a block yard sale. So far there are nine of us! This won't be until the fall but I wanted to see if there was interest - the more homes we have, the more exciting the advertising (craigs list, local newspaper, and local tv station who does a weekend yard sale report on friday nights) will sound!

Tonight, I think it's 6:30, easy child and I will attend our first "finning" class at the gym. It is an abdominal and lower body buster. You have to be able to swim in deep water - sounds interesting......

Have a great No Meltdown Monday :cool-little:

Sharon