A very good Thursday morning all....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Time to dig out those cuddle duds - tis to be another chilly morning. I give on being the tough cold weather lady - it's official I'm becoming a cold weather wuss for this season. :smile: And having said that, I'm sitting here indulging in a bowl of raspberry sherbet with a cuppa freshly brewed hmj :warrior: - my absolute favorite.

I will post another thread on how yesterday's meeting went between kt & wm; am still mulling a few things over & haven't heard from 2 of the 4 therapists to get their input. If you listen to kt it was one thing; you listen to wm, it was totally different. If the tweedles have taught me anything, it's to get all sides of the story before I make a judgement.

kt did regress last night - not to the level we anticipated. It was more "you're not paying attention to me" kind of thing. Ah well....

I'm scheduled for another doctor's appointment this morning - I believe it's the cardiologist (heck tomorrow is the opthamologist). After tomorrow I should be finished with any more major testing before I head down to Mayo - haven't a date to go yet, but that's another story.

After doctors appointment, I need to head to the pharmacy then off to the art supply store. I got a new book on painting watercolors & there are a few techniques I'd like to try. Of course, that means new supplies. :painter:

kt is scheduled for respite this coming weekend, so it's a couple of loads of laundry for her & packing tonight & tomorrow. Other than that I'm slowly cleaning out the acctg stuff that I won't need for taxes & shredding for the tax year 2007.

Enjoy your Thursday. Keeping a good thought that your home is calm & your difficult children cooperative. Hug your loved ones.

Marguerite

G'day, Linda (and all to follow).

Like you, I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold. I invest in good quality thermals and I've got a really good down jacket I bought on special a few years ago (probably because it smells like a wet hen). But in my warm layers, I'm fine in the cold (as long as I also have my knee-high uggs on). I got my uggs scotchgarded, to waterproof them. Even in snow, my feet are warm. Having to pull off the uggs to tip snow out of them is a bit cold, though, while the boot is off! They need to be the genuine article, too - Aussie sheepskin, not the synthetic stuff. And in the US, the real McCoy Aussie ones are not allowed to call themselves uggs, because someone (Aussie expletives inserted here) copyrighted the word which can't be copyrighted in Australia, because it's part of our language.
About the painting - have you tried playing with letting the colours run into each other? I did a watercolour of pansies, trying that technique. I need practice, but I was impressed with the effect of painting onto wet paper with different colours.

Today was difficult child 3's Presentation Day at school. He didn't scoop the pool with awards this year because a new student in his year had that honour. And we don't mind - the new student is a really nice kid who really needed to be rewarded for some amazing hard work after a really rough time in mainstream last year.
difficult child 3 did get the Year 8 Year Advisor's Award - a bit like Student of the Year, for his grade. His report was really very good, he came close to the top in over half his subjects.
We went Christmas shopping this afternoon, almost done with it all by now. Thank goodness! And I just missed on seeing a client of mine doing a book-signing, his first book. I had wanted to see him, too. I am so proud of him for doing so well and having the perseverance to keep on with it even while I was criticising his work. Now all I have to do is stop spending so much time on CD, so I can get back to finishing MY book(s)!

difficult child 3 got more schoolwork in the mail today - all for next year. I'm thinking of getting him to begin early, so he's already got some of 2008 begun and ready to send back, before the new school year begins in February. He seems motivated too, I hope it lasts!

Sunny tomorrow, they said. Beach maybe? With our 'portable schoolroom'.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Morning Linda, Marg and all to follow :santa:

Linda, going to the art supply store sounds fun :painter:! Hope all goes well at the docs today. I look for the update on kt and wm.

Marg, :bravo: to difficult child!! I think he deserves a week off!!!!!! Haven't heard you speak much of the beach yet this year. Enjoy!

Thursday means office work for me today. I'll try to get to my friend's new condo this afternoon since I had to leave work early and pick up a sick difficult child last Thursday and didn't get a chance to go visit. I would like to hit the grocer at some point - that's usually my early morning Friday chore but I have a hair appointment :lipstick: at 9 in the morning.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday :rudolph:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. TGIT.
Linda, sherbert and coffee. Hmmmmmm. Can't say I have had that combination. Enjoy.

Marguerite, I love layers too. I got a pair of waterproof slip on shoes from Land's end. Inexpensive, not very cute but very convenient for walking the dogs and traipsing through the woods. I love them. Keeps my athletic shoes cleaner and dry and my feet warm.

LDM, love your avatar. Enjoy visiting the condo.

I'm waiting for the electrician (7:30). Little bits of the house are coming together. Honestly. It seems forever.

We think the heat wave will break soon. It will be a relief. We have had record breaking heat. Seems to follow me wherever I go. Of course, in another month I will be moaning about the cold. :surprise: Just human nature I guess.

Christmas is starting to come together. Wrapping and baking are on the agenda for the next week.

easy child finally had his final for his most difficult class. He is relieved to be done. Hopefully next semester won't be so difficult for him and he will relax a bit.

Hope each of you has a wonderful day. :miseltoe:

happymomof2

Good Thursday Morning, I am hoping if I type what day of the week it is every morning here I will remember what day it is all day :smile:

easy child daughter stayed home yesterday she wasn't feeling well. She wasn't running a temp and got better after a couple of hours. She rarely if ever misses school so one day won't hurt. Just a little harder with difficult child homeschooling right now. She will go back this morning.

difficult child did well with schoolwork yesterday and started on his 300 word essay for probation officer that is due next Wed.

Have an appointment with an attorney today to see what our options are other than filing bankruptcy. Hoping and praying we don't have to do that.

I also am a wuss when it comes to cold weather. You gals that live up north I don't know how you do it. I think I would become a hermit from what Nov. til March??

Hope you all have a great day with no meltdowns.