A very good Tuesday morning, friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all - I'm sitting snuggled under a quilt as it's 12 degrees outside even as we speak. There is forecast of some snow though I haven't really paid attention - not sure if there will be accumulation or not.

I've an appointment with my GP this morning & the rest of the day is free to goof off. You know - laundry, nap, vacuum, nap, clean bathroom, nap - seeing a trend here? :smile:

kt is struggling with her excema this time of year - her teacher had her convinced that she has scabies. We've been through this twice now. It's not scabies. I don't know where teachers get off diagnosing this kind of stuff. :grrr:

Snowball, our favorite albino squirrel, has made my little bird sanctuary his new home now. husband & I are trying to get a good picture of him for wm. I was out raking & cleaning bird feeders on Saturday & it's time to refill this morning. I think I'll wait until the sun rises though.

Hope you have a good Tuesday - that difficult children are cooperative & your day is calm & peaceful.

LittleDudesMom

:rudolph: Good Morning Linda and all to follow!

Wow Linda, that's cold :cold: I hate to even tell you that's it's a balmy 64 degrees right now. But, the cold air is coming and our high will happen at 66 today and then it will plumit, but nothing as drastic as 12. I haven't had a chance yet, but I'm hoping there is an update from your appointment yesterday over on the watercooler. When easy child was loosing her hair, the dermotologist gave her some medication for her excema that has been the best she's ever used. I'll pm you with the name after I go back upstairs this morning. Stay warm :miseltoe:

I have a busy day today. I'll go right to the office after dropping difficult child at school. Then I have a meeting at his school at noon. I got a letter in mail last week "advising" me that we are having a meeting to determine the needed evaluations for his 3-year assessment. They have alotted 30 minutes - that would be a dream if everything goes smoothly - cross some fingers for me :future:.

I need to hit a game stop store for a 360 game and a DS game for difficult child for Christmas. It's pretty convenient to his school so I though I would do that right after the meeting :xgift:. Then I'll head back to the office until difficult child pick up time.

girlfriend wants to fill stockings for the pups. He asked last night if we could go to the pet store after school today. So, that's were I will be after three :cool-dog:

Well, it's too warm to be sitting with the fire on this morning but I am looking at my pretty tree while drinking my holiday spice coffee :xmasdancers: That's a good way to start the day!

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Naps are good! The albino squirrel sounds really neat. I hope you get a good picture of him for wm. You are way colder than us this morning. We are sitting at a pleasant 32 degrees. I think the cold is supposed to hit us later in the week as they are calling for highs only in the 20s by Friday. :blizzard:

Sharon-You snuck in on me-I hope the meeting goes well! Sounds like they must think it will if they only allotted 30 minutes.

Not much on my agenda today-just work and a visit to the health club. I do have to kill some time before picking up easy child so guesss I'll do some Christmas shopping :xgift:

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and finds reasons to smile and laugh :flower:

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

Linda, are you sure it's an albino squirrel? Maybe it's just so darn cold, the poor little thing has finally adapted to have a winter colouration, for camouflage!

Sharon I, I hope the school meeting manages to get everything dome in the 30 minutes they've allowed. I really do wonder at them, sometimes... and stockings for the pups - I remember doing that, I bought our dogs a box of dog treats each.

Sharon II, I hope you enjoy your quieter day and don't have too frustrating a time, shopping.

I had a busy day. difficult child 3 had a test at school but with the current rain (yes! Sydney has rain, but only on the coastal strip where we don't need it as much) the traffic was shocking and of the six candidates scheduled to do the test in at the school, we were the only ones on time, and three never turned up at all. But while we were waiting, I got difficult child 3 to do more bookwork (he also did some in the traffic jams, in the car - couldn't use the excuse, "I might get car-sick" because the car was simply not moving enough for him to GET sick.
Then a music lesson (playing on the school piano) - we finally met his music teacher AND his science teacher, face to face. Several other teachers spoke to us, including a few to make SURE we are coming to Presentation Day, it will be really important to see difficult child 3 there, they said. I'm wondering if he did better this year than I thought. Either that, or we're becoming a fixture and they like difficult child 3 enough to want to see more of him. Considering the little they told us last year, I'm beginning to feel hopeful he's not done too badly this year, either.
And heading back down south, picking up my new specs on the way. difficult child 3 did more bookwork in the car - another music lesson, which was able to use the cassette player in the car.
Then drama class - and I upset another mother by comparing notes about problems with high school teachers not providing necessary support; she is a friend and I should have realised she was tightly wound, the last 12-18 months have been appalling for her, I now feel so bad. I had been in chatterbox mode and just didn't think, or notice how upset she was getting just talking about the problems.
I think we resolved things (as best as we could, with nobody wanting to admit being upset) and I've since emailed her, apologising again and offering to be a support for her at an upcoming IEP meeting for her son - I made it clear I would have offered anyway, it's not out of guilt but because I care about her and her son and want things to work out for them. I also told her to not feel guilty if she says no, after my foot in mouth this afternoon I wouldn't blame her. But that if she does want to use my help, it's unconditional and in return for help she has given me and difficult child 3.
I haven't heard back from her yet, but I DID send it to her work email, she probably hasn't seen it yet.

We've got damp/wet weather for the next week, enough to not need to water the garden. difficult child 3 has a science experiment to do tomorrow, planting bean seeds. It will be interesting.

And I'd better get to bed, it's just ticked over into Wednesday here, and I was late to bed last night, too - talking weddings with my BFF (who has kindly offered to make easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding dress). Early days yet.

Have a good Tuesday, everybody, stay warm.

Marg

TerryJ2

Hi Linda, Sharon and Sharon. Brr. 12 degrees. We're still at 50 so I won't complain. An albino squirrel, cool! This is a safe time of yr for them!
Marg, so sorry about your friend. Sigh. been there done that. I hope it all works out.
I'm mtng with-the child psychiatric today ... husband has a mtng, and difficult child has a field trip. So I'm going alone. I'm going to do a pre-emptive strike and ask for ideas to keep difficult child from melting down at his birthday and Christmas. This is a greedy, wild time of yr.
The sun is out and it's gorgeous!
Have a great day, everyone.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning ladies!

Linda, my mother in law once told my daughters they had ringworm because of the pigmentations spots left behind as a result of really bad eczema. I swear, I almost punched her lights out!

It's actually beginning to feel like late fall/early winter around here finally! It's windy and cold today, supposed to *possibly* get some snow on Thursday! I always like the first snow and then I'm about done thank you very much.

I was about to have a nice bowl of my favorite cereal, even bought a brand new bottle of milk. Took my first giant spoonful and the milk was bloody sour!! Ew. So, looks like I'm stuck with clementine oranges till lunchtime. Ya well.

difficult child is off from work today and *hopefully* catching up on her chores, such as bathing and cleaning her room would be nice. easy child is packing her car today for college. And H and I are both at work.

Hope everyone stays warm and comfortable, has a stress free day, hugs to you Marg, and have a wonderful day.

Good Morning

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start this morning. My last 2 mornings haven't been too bad since difficult child has actually been in a good mood. I scared him this morning when I was trying to dress him while he was still asleep I think he woke up the neighborhood oh well! Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!