A very good Wednesday morning,

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
friends & fellow :warrior: parents.

:coffee: is brewed & my day is "officially" beginning. I've had a restless night but will catch a nap later.

We meet the tdocs & wm for our family gift opening this morning at 11. There will be food & time to visit before wm is whisked off by his Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) therapist & we head back home. husband back to work; kt off with her PCA to spend Christmas money on new clothes. She's been planning this for months & last week she went out trying on the jeans & tops she wants to buy with HER money.

PCA knows the guidelines; kt knows what will be accepted. The all important "crack" check. Any any hint of crack showing will have kt sent home from school; more importantly - jeans back to the store before we even address that school issue. :wink: :smile:

We have another band of snow moving through this morning - they're calling for another 2 to 3 inches. I believe the city just got through plowing yesterday.

Enjoy your day. I hope it's filled with peace & quiet; that your difficult children are calm & cooperative & you have enough leftovers to not have to think of even going into your kitchen to cook. :thumb:

tiredmommy

Good morning Linda. :coffee: I hope you and the family have a great time together! :xgift:
Duckie and I will be running the library, to the grocery store and maybe to the animal shelter with a food donation if her behavior is up to snuff. :cool-dog:
Have a great day! :sled:

happymomof2

:coffee: Good Morning All, difficult child and easy child are still asleep - shhhhh hope to keep it that way for a little while. They will be on house cleaning duty with me today when they do wake up.

I must get some kind of resume together, probably will work on that tomorrow. I so don't want to go back to work. :slap: Thought of babysitting kids in my home. hmmmmm.... that one is still up in the air. Truly wish I could find something to do at home.

No cooking for me tonight - plenty of leftovers. Will take difficult child to youth group at church - drop him off and take easy child to wally world to exchange shoes and pants that don't fit. I am not looking forward to that line!! :rolleyes:

2 to 3 inches of snow - brrrrr... :cold: Hope everyone has a meltdown free Wednesday and all of you up north stay warm!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Sorry for your restless night-I hope you are sleeping by now. I hope all goes well with wm's visit. I had to smile at the "crack" check although it is so true. I wish they didn't even sell these. I do plan on the left over thing. I have great prime rib roast left over and I'm thinking it would taste great in a salad or a sandwich.

As for me I am in a state of shock that difficult child actually got up by himself and played quietly while we continued to sleep. Usually he is in our room giving us no peace until one of us gets up!

Today both kids have therapist appts. At some point I will get to the health club although right now my back is killing me. I didn't really do anything to it ( a few days ago I slid down the stairs on my bottom and bruised it but I don't think that is what this is)and I am hoping that 800 mgs of Ibuprofen will take care of it.

difficult child has an overnight at respite tonight! This is a rare treat and I'm very excited about it. I think husband and I may go see a movie but maybe we'll just veg out here at home.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day with many reasons to smile! :rudolph:

K

Kjs

Good Morning everyone!

Linda sounds like a nice day planned for all. Kt gets her shopping, wm gets a visit. Then nap time? Sounds like a very nice day.

Tm - What a nice donation. easy child worked at the animal shelter when he was in college. He loved those animals. Said some college kids would volunteer to walk the dogs.

Happy- Good luck finding something to work on at home. When you figure it out, let me know. I too, do not want to go back to work tonight. I actually didn't realize it was Wednesday already.

Sharon - Know the feeling with the snow. We have had a lot of snow this year too. But last week we had a day of rain so it washed away a lot of the snow. I like the snow as long as I don't have to drive...like to work. But the storm is predicted during my work time.

I was planning on going shopping with neighbor/friend. That is back when I didn't realize I have to work tonight. We'll see what the time arrangements are on the shopping trip.

Have a great day everyone.

M

ML

Good Morning Friends,

TL I'm not even sure what a crack check is but I'm hoping kt doesn't have one!

TM I hope Duckie is on her best behavior today and that you breeze through the day and have a great time together.

HP The worst part of looking for a job is finding one. UGH, I'm sorry. But maybe it will turn out to be a blessing and you will find one that you love and the kids will thrive.

WO It is good to hear there is hope. My 9 year old difficult child has maybe once in his life allowed me to sleep past when he wakes up.

KJS I hope you get some shopping in. by the way, I'm sorry if I missed an update but did you ever successfully change your sleeping schedule to correlated with those circadium rhythms? (I hope I said that right).

Me, I am off or work all week YES. I don't know why I woke up at 6. difficult child is still sleeping an hour and a half later. Usually he's pestering me to get up by now. I plan to actually clean this mess of a house while I'm off. I can't belive how much dust I have been living with. difficult child will probably play with his Christmas stuff and hopefully his little girlfriend will come over to play. He needs some social interaction with kids his age about now.

Love to all above and to those yet to come. MicheleL

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends. It was a peaceful calm holiday. Not over excessive which pleases me. I did get an I Phone that I absolutely didn't expect. Now I have to learn how to use it.

Today husband and I are celebrating 26yrs of a life together. It passed in a blink of an eye.

We will be working on getting our son's organized for their respective drives. easy child to orlando and difficult child to NJ. In laws leave tomorrow. I think they had a nice time.

Hope your day is bright and cheery.

LittleDudesMom

:rudolph: Good Morning!

Real late here this morning. We didn't get home from my moms last night (this morning) until after 1 am. difficult child did wonderfully, after a little questionable start at the dinner table.

Today is relaxing. It's cool and raining so it's a great day to stay in. easy child is in the Florida room playing her guitar hero 3 and difficult child is running around chasing Spot with his new video camera! I'm just taking it all in with my hot hmj!

Wishing everyone a peaceful Wednesday.

Sharon :gingerbread:

tammyjh

Good morning all.
Its kind of late here but still morning. difficult child slept late and has been playing with my 2 year old and his new kitchen set. Good mood on her part so far :whew:
Have a good one everyone!