A very good Wednesday morning...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
friends & fellow :warrior: parents.

Spring has finally arrived (I say tongue in cheek); it's warm out & very very breezy this morning.

I had planned on working out on the patio yesterday getting planters ready for potting & cleaning off patio furniture but that never happened. Before I headed outside I sat down to fold a load of laundry & catch up on the morning news. I sat back & fell asleep - slept the next 10 hours. husband didn't wake me all day - kept kt & her in home therapist from waking me when they came in the house. husband made them enter through the back door. I slept through everything. husband made dinner last night & I painted until bedtime. I slept another 5 hours & now I'm up & ready to go.

Guess my system really needed the rest. The decrease in my steroids has been harsh - my body doesn't like it.

kt had a wonderful day in school yesterday & a really good night last night. Hoping the trend continues through today.

Have a good day! Remember to find one reason to laugh today - it's good for the soul. :flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Your body truly must have needed that rest.:sleeping: I'm glad husband kept others from waking you.:D

Spring is here too. They took out the 70 from the forecast but are still calling for 66 so it will be our best day yet! Tomorrow through the rest of the week doesn't look so good so I'll just enjoy today.

husband is still not feeling well. His fever comes and goes and now he has a sore throat and headache to boot. My back is still sore but I can make it through the days-it's the nights where it is worse. Sleeping seems to help since I'm off my feet.

We have an in-service today. They usually aren't the most exciting thing in the world. Another school will be with us so my grade level along with two others decided to organize snacks and door prizes! That should liven things up a bit.

After school is difficult child's IEP. If nothing else it should be interesting.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:kisses:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all.

Linda, that is a power snooze. You went from not being able to sleep to 10hrs. I'm sure you will like for your body to cooperate.

Wiped out, hope your day turns out better than you hope.

It's been sunny but the air is cold. I'm hoping today will warm into the 60's/70's. I need to start to get pots ready for planting. The patio needs a good scrub and some freshening up.

The moon coming shone right into my eyes at 2:00AM. Very bright. Window treatments can't come soon enough. LOL. I'm going to be a sleepy girl.
Nothing exciting today. Last radiation trip for my pup. Maybe we will stop at the plant nursery. It always cheers me up.

difficult child didn't call to share his first work day of orientation. Guess no news is good news. Hopefully he will share today. On the other hand, how many orientations has he been through? Maybe he is laissez faire about them.

Hope you have a good day. I'm going to brew the coffee and jump in the shower.

Marguerite

G'day, Linda and all to follow.

Linda, you must have really needed that sleep, Good for everybody, letting you sleep yourself out.

Sharon, is there any chance that your 'back trouble' is a version of husband's bug?
Enjoy the in-service, they can be fun as well as productive. I hope difficult child's IEP meeting goes OK.

We've had a fairly lazy day physically today. I haven't been for my walk yet, I should go soon. It's raining (a bit - just enough to be damp and unpleasant). I've got a roast chicken dinner in the oven, almost ready to come out. Just typing this while I wait for the last few minutes. husband just got home, I can hear the car.

Today difficult child 3 did some schoolwork, and I have been hassling the real estate agent over the flat that easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 want to rent. I'm going to have to keep hassling, there is a chance the flat will be open for inspection by tomorrow. I need to inspect it, if so, and report back to the kids if I think it's a good deal. Frankly, the kids just want something liveable, this place is so close to where they work and to public transport, they'd take anything. However, they need a Warrior Mum to sound very heavy and to nag.

Tomorrow is cleaning day, then I take mother in law out for blood tests and difficult child 3 & I get some photos taken so he can use them for his school project.

While you're enjoying spring, we're adjusting to the early onset of our winter. Thanks to La Nina, we're getting a little more rain further inland, but a lot of the country is still in drought. The downside of this is an early, colder winter. Because we're temperate, I can still grow stuff in the garden. We don't get frosts here, we're too close to a warm sea. It can be snowing inland within two hours' drive, but never here.

There is also a chance that difficult child 1 has a job at last, and a job with prospects! He's on trial for a week, then we'll know more. So once I've got him organised, then I can start working on girlfriend, to get her settled in a more useful and appropriate career path. I want her to be happy and productive, because that will make difficult child 1 happy. It will also be really good in the lead-up to their wedding. It's all moving on apace now.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:woohoo:Good Morning Friends! We made it to the half way point!!!

Linda, glad you could accomodate the needs of your body! Hope kt's uptrend continues!

Sharon, good luck with the meeting this afternoon. We are having lovely days, but the nights are still cold. We are at 34 this morning but it will warm up to the high 60's (with 70's tomorrow and 80 on Friday!!).

Fran, I've already cleaned up and planted my annuals in the pots at my back porch. My clemetis and four pots of perinnial wild flowers are going like gangbusters already. Back porch is done. I've hung my ferns around the patio and planted two new perinnials around the patio. I still have a lot to do in the back and I haven't addressed the front porch yet. But I'm seeing the relaxing times on the patio coming soon......... It's fun getting it all ready isn't it? Glad Honey Sue is having her last in the radiation series - I hope she is comfortable - no doubt she is happy!

Marg, hope easy child 2 is able to get the flat. Seems like a lot of work! Good thoughts to difficult child 1 on the job opportunity.

I have a nice day planned. I will hit the gym this morning and then go and pick up my friend who used to live two doors down. She and her husband moved to a new condo on the river and she and I will go downtown for an early lunch and lots of conversation! If I know us, we will be there until it's time to pick up difficult child!

I hope your day is a good one!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
LDM, aren't you concerned about the frost warnings?
I don't want to put the new plants in until I know it's safe from freeze.
Do you ever use asparagus ferns? We used them a lot in Miami and Texas as they handle the heat. I haven't seen much around here.

I was excited to see a Mexican Lilac. I wanted a lilac bush for the smell but the normal aren't able to survive in this zone. Turns out I have the hybrid growing in the outer reaches of the yard.
I have yards and yards of Wisteria growing around 4 very tall pines. It's absolutely breathtaking. I plan to grow it around the new fence that is going in next week. I don't think I will ever take tall trees,gentle rolling hills and shade for granted ever again.