A Very Special Anniversary for the board

Tiapet

Old Hand
Thank you Cheryl. The legacy you have chosen to continue with has been a vital lifeline for so very many parents that no one can ever really count. Those that never register but just lurk and read. Even those that aren't parents but come to learn.

What we've all learned here is not only how to help our kids but how to help each other. We've acquired new family when some of us have lost our own family due to lack of understanding or divorce or so many other reasons. And just like family, unfortunately, sometimes there are always disputes. The difference here is that we've learned how to over come them and move past them without compromising ourselves and our children.

This site has been a mighty big accomplishment from it's tiny beginnings and I am proud to have watched and been part of it's growth.

Tia

LittleDudesMom

You know, I gave my thanks to Cheryl ealier in this thread. But, I would like to add another thanks.

TM, it's been a little over a year that you stepped in to help Fran administer to the site. We owe you our thanks as well. I know you spend a lot of time here and maintain a personal touch with the members. Thanks for your dedication and care too!!!!

:flowers:

Sharon

'Chelle

A year already, it doesn't seem that long. This site is such a wonderful one. It's such a help for so many. There always seems to be someone new joining, needing help and advice and just someone to talk to who'll listen. I remember how desperate I was when I found this site, and it's helped me become a better parent, moreso than any therapist or psychiatrist my difficult child has had.

Thank you Cheryl, for stepping in and keeping the site going. :yourock: :gifts:

susiestar

Roll With It
Cheryl,

I know you do much more than you realize. You give our family the structure and backbone to connect, and become the family that we are. So very many of us would be wandering hopelessly through the trials of life with the mentally ill without this site. Without you, the structure you provide, we would be as a slug, flopping around with no skeletal system to support us.

Your contribution cannot be counted in dollars or hours, bytes or dollars, it is invaluable to us. Those of us who have been here for a long time know what this family means to us, and the newbies know from the very first contact that they have found a HOME.

Thank you Cheryl. We really do appreciate you. You give us more than we can say.

Love, Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - Cheryl,

I for one told the State that THIS SITE has saved THEM thousands on my therapy bill alone!

Thanks for everything!

Star

busywend

Oh yes, Sharon! You are right!

TM - you deserve a hand as well. You have done a fabulous job being an administrator!

:cheers:

tiredmommy

Thanks Sharon & Wendy. I just try to remember to ask myself "What would Fran do?". I know I won't live up to her example, but that helps to keep me on the right track. It also helps that there's a great and unique group of mods here, the site couldn't function without them.
:yourock:

WiscKaren

As a "newbie" to this board, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't even remember how I found this board, but it has been a lifesaver for me in the past two weeks.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

R

runawaybunny

I wanted to let you know how gratifying it is to read your kind words of support and encouragement. Coming as they do from people that have recently tolerated the disruption of a the complete overhaul of our forum, it means all the more to me.

This community has touched so many lives, the credit for that starts many years before I ever found this site. It started with mama bear who passed the torch to Deb, and then to Fran. Each of them contributed their own hard work and vision to build this amazing community where parents can come to find support in times of crisis.

Although I certainly don't have Fran's wisdom and skill with words I do bring my technical experience to the site. I rely on Tiredmommy to do just about everything else around here, she certainly deserves much of the credit for keeping the community going.

It's important to also recognize the contributions of our moderators. They are the heart and soul of this community and we should all be very grateful for all of their help.

I know from personal experience the value of finding this soft place to land for battle weary parents. This community was here for me when I was in my darkest hour. I pledge my best efforts in continuing and improving this venue so that the community can continue to help the battle weary parents of the future.

Please accept my warmest heartfelt thanks.

Steely

:loveforever:
Cheryl thank you for devoting unprecedented amounts of time and energy into this board, and thus, us. This place has changed my life, and altered my soul.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.................

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Adding my most heartfelt thanks to you Cheryl & TiredMommy! :yourock:

And I'm with Star, this site has saved me untold dollars in therapy costs! :whew:

Peace

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Huge thanks going out. I know I'm pretty new, but I can't tell you how helpful this new family has been. This is the ONLY place where I felt understood and supported. It's been a lifesaver!!! Thank you so much and I hope we are all here for each other for many years to come!!!!!!
-Dara