A weight lifted

I can't believe it with everything that has happened over the last couple of years things are finally looking up. My daughter has decided to go back to school, it was difficult to get her back in because of her history at school but it's happening so excited and scared but I am optimistic. The last few months her whole attitude has changed, she isn't getting as angry, she is learning how to deal with her temper. We haven't really even had a fight at all in the last couple of months, I feel like I'm getting my daughter back how I have missed her and never thought we would get back here. Getting help for her was the best thing I ever did, there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thank you for sharing your positive news Kitten. It's always a pleasure to hear of a child who comes back from the tough place they lived in.......I'm happy for you and your family. So glad you chose to get help for her.

ctmom05

"My daughter has decided to go back to school, it was difficult to get her back in because of her history at school but it's happening so excited and scared but I am optimistic"

Positive influence and support is important, but do remember that the effort
to get her where she needs to go has to be hers, or she will struggle even more down the line

I know that's why through all the interview process I said this is your job to convince them you have changed and she was so calm and controlled in the interview even when they were bringing up past behaviour which she would normally get so defensive about. I'm not ignorant that there are going to be bumps in the road but I want to believe the glass is halve full. She is a beautiful girl with a wonderful heart at times and very intelligent but gets a little lost and makes dumb decisions. I think with our support and her psychologist there is every chances he might make it through.

lovemyson1

Yay! So happy to learn of you positive news! I always say, Never give up! I hope and pray she continues on a good path Kitten. In the meantime, enjoy this time and keep encouraging her for moving in the right direction. My son has been sober for almost 4 months now and he feels better than ever, I'm beyond grateful!