A woman gives birth to twins at 60!

Estherfromjerusalem

This is a fascinating thread. It just proves the old saying that "there's nowt so queer as folk." No two people are the same, and everyone's life is so different from everyone else's, so that everyone has a different angle, and . . . it is just fascinating.

I know that my background is not "normal." I was born into a world with no grandparents (died in the Holocaust) and two depressed parents who did their best. We knew we were loved, but I have absolutely no recollection of ever, NOT EVEN ONCE, being hugged or kissed. I have consulted my two sisters -- they also do not remember being hugged or kissed.

And yet -- here I am, with eight children, the last 2 being born when I was 39 and 41, which was pretty old 20 years ago to have children (the age limit seems to have moved for motherhood). No. 7 is a easy child, no. 8 is the difficult child -- and how! And there is a great sense of family, and a lot of love, in every direction. Don't get me wrong -- there is also tension, and arguments, etc. But generally it is good.

There are no guarantees for anything at all. You can have a wonderful young married couple in their early twenties, beautiful and wealthy and educated, and all sorts of things can go wrong (heaven forbid!). And you can have older people, or poorer people, with the most amazing families and you can almost physically feel the love and goodness within their families. No, there's no guarantee for anything.

I just wish her well. My personal experience (I am almost 62) is that suddenly my body is beginning to show signs of age. I hope for her sake that she lasts for a long time in good condition.

Love, Esther