A young life lost

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My young niece (19) had her second child a week ago this past Wednesday - this past Wesdnesday her baby girl died.

Jennifer Lynn was named in honer her aunt (who died when she was 4 years of age).

Unfortunately, my niece didn't do the right things during pregnancy, including having unprotected sex in which she contracted genital herpes in the 3rd trimester of her pregneancy.

Baby Jenny died of disseminated herpes a week to the day after her birth. That child's brain had turned to mush. For no reason other than my niece who would put no needs but her own above others.

I am angry - I am grieving over a lost life. An innocent. A child who deserves so much better; an infant I was never meant to meet.

I pray that there is a lesson learned here. A baby is not an accessory; pregnancy is not party time.

I pray the lesson is learned.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, Linda.........that is so tragic! I'm so very sorry for your loss. And for the family too. :(

((((hugs))))

klmno

That is so sad and senseless. Nothing can undo that or bring her back, but I hope your neice learns from this and NEVER takes risks like that again. That is guilt I wouldn't want to live with.

donna723

Linda, I am so sorry. What a horrible and completely preventable tragedy to have happen, an innocent little life lost. My sincerest sympathies to you and your family.

TM is right ... there is no way to make sense of anything like this. My own niece (whose parents are raising her first child) is taking the same risks by carelessly getting pregnant again. She's trying to kick a drug problem and is on medication from her doctor who told her that, under no circumstances should she even think about getting pregnant again while taking these medications ... but she kinda "forgot" to take her BC pills! What are these girls thinking? Is there some kind of epidemic of selfishness and irresponsibility going around?

Many, many hugs to you and your family. So very sad. So very hard to understand why.
:flower:

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending gentle hugs. I am in total agreement that thereis no way to make sense of this.

Please don't let your grief get in the way of your healing.

Sending hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Linda,

I'm sorry for your loss, and rejoicing over heavens new angel.

Hugs to you and your family