Aaaaahhh!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I just realized it is the LAST week of school for Tyler. He has 4 days left!!!

Then SUMMER begins.

I truly was NOT ready for this, thought we had another couple of weeks.

Thanks for letting me scream.

How much longer are your kiddos in school?

Susie

klmno

June 13th- assuming difficult child can keep himself from being put into detention before then. He doesn't go back until the day after Labor Day though. Most schools in our neighboring states get out earlier than that and go back earlier.

This coming week is our last week, and Thursday and Friday are 1/2 days due to finals. I can hardly wait! No more struggles over schoolwork.... until... August !!!

4sumrzn

June 5th here. I'm with you though....I'm not ready either. I'll be out of a job after next week, that doesn't help on top of it. Here's hoping for some summer miracles!

Andy

4sumrzn, I am looking for an apprentice for my job. Do you want to come work with me this Summer?

We were suppose to end next week (May 28th or 29th?) but the public school is having a major rennovation project that required them to start right after Memorial Day so our school is following suit and Friday, May 23rd will be out last day.

This week will go so fast!! OMG!!!

Monday: Work - will try to get in atleast 6 hours (wonder if husband will be home so I can go into work that night?)

Tuesday: Work - same story as Monday

Wednesday: difficult child's school has a special chapel at 8:45 and he has a therapist appointment early afternoon so he leaves school about 1:00. I decided to take that day off - maybe get some house work done between chapel and leaving for therapist?

Thursday: Hopefully get to scrapbooking again. difficult child has a school field trip to the Twin's Game so leaves right at 8:30 and returns about 7:00 pm. easy child has 4:00 graduation ceremony (I told husband that he needs to be at the ceremony so neither of us can go on the school trip).

Friday: Just found out there is another chapel day since it is that last day of school. I plan on bringing the puppy to school for lunch time recess. Then bring a load of decorations from home to set up for easy child's open house on Saturday. My sister should be in town Friday night to help. difficult child plans on preparing a pizza party for the people helping set up - however, his class will be doing some year end something so he will have to choose.

Saturday: Morning preparing food trays for the open house. Open house 2:00 - 5:00 - who knows how long for clean up? easy child wants a hot tub party at the hotel some relatives will be staying at but with that being a graduation weekend for a local boarding school, I think the pool and hot tub will be crowded.

Sunday: sister in law has invited us out to celebrate husband's birthday - I suggested Sunday brunch - said no telling when I would be ready on Saturday night. Also, easy child has to be a church at 8:45 to be recognized in the worship service.

Monday is Memorial Day so I get the day off!!! :) (Oh how wonderful, I can feel the relaxation already!)

Oh, and sometime this week I have to register difficult child for summer park and rec baseball and bowling. (Help me not to forget)

4sumrzn

Adrianne...of course I will!!!! Not quite sure what my 13 years of pharmacy, then 8 years of difficult child along with babysitting will do for my resume...but, I'm needing a job! ;)

You're sounding a bit busy for the week....can you pencil me in for an interview? ;) I'm pretty good at scrapbooking....maybe squeeze me in there!? LOL!!!!!!

Andy

Oh, a kindred spirit!! :) Though I have kinda offered someone else your services (see another thread). :)

Pharmacy will work - I process the pharmacy and lab bills for our facility.

No interview necessary, come on down - bring your difficult child and any other kids you can find and we will see what we can do.

susiestar

Roll With It
The Oklahoma heat is why so early. Also, the tradition of early out started many years ago because this is a very agricultural state. In some of the smaller surrounding towns they still have more than half the kids out if they go much later than this into May. And at certain points in the Fall. The kids are needed on the farm/ranch.

Also not all of our big city schools are air conditioned, and our heat makes this very very dangerous. while my dad was teaching there were many years where school was delayed in starting, or was cancelled for a few days because of the heat.

Star*

call 911........call 911
This came to mind........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ToNJHgp-w"]YouTube - Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills (Rock in Rio)[/ame]

You have to wait until the chorus and unless you know Iron Maiden songs - you'll only understand RUN TO THE HILLS....RUN FOR YOUR LIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.

lol

no, seriously - run!!!!:tongue: