Aaaaannnnd ... there goes another kid, back to Russia

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Wow! This story is even more tragic than at first glance. I did some digging. This young man was having problems with his adoptive mother because she made the seemingly usual "nit picking maternal" demands. He has a friend (I found him on FB) who had been kicked out of his own home. This boy is another Russian adoptee. It wouldn't surprise me if they were brought here together by the same "facilitators". Young man wanted his parents to take his homeless friend in, parents refused and both boys were living in a sewer pipe near the home. Their FB pages show how much they love and miss Russia. Young man was showing loyalty to his friend who had come here also as an adoptee. What a heart breaking story!

BusynMember

If you're being sarcastic, I don't know. I do think it is tragic and that children above a certain age should need to consent before being shoved off to another country and new "parents." The kid grew up in Russia. No surprise he prefers it to the US. My son came to us at age six and never got over his desire to be a part of Chinese culture, which he has done in his adult life. I mean, how dare these kids wish they living where they were born and not love the US? How dare they not adjust after being uprooted from the only home they know...plus their entire culture? Bad kids, bad!

Anyway, I'm done with the thread.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
No, I'm not being sarcastic. I think that a lot of human hearts have sufferred due to the bad decision to bring older orphans to this country, foreign to them. They might have felt coerced to agree to their adoption. I'm sorry if I came across as sarcastic, I didn't mean it that way at all. This situation is dreadful on so many levels.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Can you imagine what it must have felt like to be adopted at the age of twelve and have your new parents change your first name? It's as if part of his identity was being erased.

TerryJ2

At age 12, you deserve to keep your own name.
But at age 12 ... I go back to the question of who the h*ll those "facilitators" were and why they thought this was a good idea?????

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I coulda been a contender...lol. There is NO privacy any more, this was all on line. These kids don't realize that their FB pages are accessible to the general public.

I'm also wondering about these misguided facilitators.

BusynMember

It really makes you wonder who facilitates these adoptions. But, hey, somebody makes A LOT of money when Americans adopt kids overseas. But it starts out with an adoption worker who lives in the U.S.

I misunderstood, Three Shadows. I'm sorry.

witzend

DDD, you are talking about a boy who had no idea what a family does, we don't know if they were good to him or not or if they even understood his challenges, and any child who lived in an orphanage for 12 years would be a probably unattached difficult child. He is in no way like our biological or infant adopted difficult children.

MWM, I think you are taking for granted that this kid was ever even in the USA. I was telling husband about this last night. He came up with the same questions I had:

1) Where's his passport?

2) Where was his passport while he was living on the street?

3) How did he get home to Russia?

4) If he contacted the Russian Embassy to get home after he turned 18, why didn't he do it sooner while he was hungry and living on the street?

5) Where are his school records?

6) Where are his medical records?

etc...

There are far too many questions about logistics for this story to be true. Maybe he was here, but I don't see any evidence of that. If we can't say for certain he was here and how he got home, how can we rely on the truthfulness of any other part of his story?

witzend

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Could be. I dunno.

At least we got to talk about twelve year olds being adopted from other countries :)

We did, but I think it would probably be more instructive to talk about real 12 year olds from other countries rather than political pawns.