aaaggggg... SNOW

K

Kjs

It has not stopped snowing since 3am Friday morning. Still snowing at work here, but difficult child said it stopped at home. But said we have about 1.5feet.

Winds are suppose to pick up soon. Sure hope the plows get everything done in the next two hours!! Or my 1 hour commute may be several hours.

Then the paper says next week highs in the negative numbers with wind chills as low as -40, for the week. They said coldest in 15 years. And I remember 15 years ago. Schools closed, furnaces didn't work, cars didn't start. Bitter burning cold.

And I work 7.5 twelve hour days in a row.

Steely

Yes, I just saw on the news that there is something called a MacFarland Syndrome (sounds like an illness) that is coming down from the arctic. Record breaking temps that we have not seen in 40 years are supposed to hit the upper 1/3 of the US.

My son is in Northern ID and they are already on schedule for a record breaking snowfall this year. Looks like they will be dropping down into the -20s as will you guys??? Craziness!

Yikes.
It is even supposed to hit Dallas with teen temps and ice.

I know I am crazy, but I do love cold, cold, winter. Obviously it because I do not live North.
.:snowing:

dreamer

yes kjs I was thinking abt ya in between my never ending shoveling. yes I'm so close to you geographically.....yes we've gotten 19 inches in the last 30 hours or so too. not only is it going to go way below zero but tues & wed more massive snowfall. pcs baby is due anytime & they're not doing good plowing & salting here either.. be safe! grr I injured ligaments & tore tendons in elbow & shoulder this week shoveling.....grr

everywoman

Ya'll can always send some snow down south. The last measurable snowfall here was in 1989. I can handle a few days of cold if it snows a little because then they close everything and I can stay home!!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
A foot and a half is too much, but I want enough to get the sleigh out! Maybe!

Jey, KJ, maybe you can just stay at work next week. Let husband "deal" for a while. <insert evil laugh here>

dreamer

lol I think I'm jealous.....it is extremely extremely rare for anything ever to close here for any weather event. we had school yesterday...we never ever even get delayed start due to weather here. but this year they're way way over budget for snow removal becuz of last winters record breakers & they can't even get salt at all.....but....schools & employers have not yet adjusted to the new non snow plow ways....its been a horrendous mess this winter. and we've already surpassed last years record breaking snow this year. its bad when we go into such deep freeze after massive snow cuz then the snow freezes rock solid wherever it sits....frozen ruts in slush on roads force tires to follow ruts pedestrians slip into traffic....shopping parking lots aren't navigable. we have also had several deaths related to bitter frigid cold. & then a few weeks ago right after massive snow we had freak warm with major major floods followed immediatly by extreme below zero before windchill was even factored in. its so hard with my advanced ra husband spinal stenosis Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) & cancers sons cp and pcs preg to cope with this wicked & extreme weather.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Okay, kjs, I will stop whining about the measly 8" we're supposed to get!!:tongue:

Please try to stay warm and stay hydrated - I don't know about you, but the winter always dries me out and then I'm more susceptible to colds, etc. Yech.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Kjs,
Here in Madison we only got about 3 inches out of the storm-they were predicting up to 8. It did take me over and hour to get to work though. As for the cold temps I'll be freezing right along with you-we're predicted to get the same!

dreamer

kjs, I think it has finally stopped for the moment..whew and whew! Im glad it was not too cold today while I was shoveling it all, tho. I sure wish I had a snowblower.....
I have needed to come over near your work for 2-3 weeks, but....the roads in my town have been SO bad........I hear once I get out of my immediate area it is not as bad......but all this farmland etc around me here, it blows and drifts and blows the roads closed. Ug, the piles from shoveling my driveway are now over 1o ft tall......I tried so hard to not let them get that tall cuz then we cannot see to get out of the driveway..but..we ran out of places to PUT all that snow. My whole front yard is now under 4 feet of snow, due to what the plow thtrew over to it and our shoveling the paths for mailman, meter readers etc. Gosh when that happenes it takes forever for those to thaw out c ome spring.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We got about 5" so far. I think its supposed to start up again some time today and we're supposed to get another 3" or so. I am ready for Spring already - don't know how I will survive another 2 months of this. ugh. Kjs, I feel for you.