aaand another court motion!

miles2go

So my estranged BiPolar (BP) wife just filed a motion to see the kids without supervision (after refusing to see them with supervision) or me paying for all of it and all of the custody evaluation and it's all totally insane.
Shouldn't be hard to defend against and my lawyer is good but lord of lords, just when we kinda started healing. Ah well it'll make me stronger and the kids dont have to be involved in this.

Single Dad, 3 kids, 10 y.o. BiPolar (BP) boy.
cats+an ant farm

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. She sounds like it would be unsafe for her to see the kids unsupervised. I know here if you refuse the supervised visitation no judge will let you see your kid at all. They want you to show you will follow the rules before you take your kids somewhere unsupervised. I hope your lawyer can get this squashed.

P-nut2004

Good luck, I definitely hope your lawyer can dispute it all and get it denied, sounds like she doesn't really want to see them unless it's on her terms. We have had a similar issue with Ks BM, her younger kids were taken away and live with their dad now but we can't get the courts to restrict her to supervised visitation with K. Apparent she has to actually physically injure K for that to happen (the emotional damage isn't enough :(). She constantly tries to change around her days with K and manipulate us & K in the process. It's great that the kids won't have to be involved in this too, court has always been so hard for K to handle. Kudos to you for being such a wonderful father to step up and protect your kids!
:bravo:
((HUGS)) & Best Wishes

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

I understand where you're coming from. I hope with all the stuff she's pulled, your lawyer can get this one laughed out of court.

Jena

wow what happened? where have I been? alot's happened in your life......... how are the kids, you? how are you coping with all that and rasiing them and work?? sorry just shocked. i'm sorry by the way.... sometimes the whole life throws u a lemon gotta make lemonade comes to mind

Star*

call 911........call 911
WOW! I can honestly say I think you are the first single Dad to post here who has an ant farm. VERY COOL. (the other stuff will pass - but that ant farm?) OUTTA SIGHT!

I like Jenas idea about the lemons too - except when life threw me lemons? I threw em back like 94 mph fast balls and said "If you can't throw something I can use? Don't pitch."

InsaneCdn

Life throwing lemons? I guess I just duck - I'd never have the coordination to throw anything back, anyway!

Miles2go... can't imagine - but can feel for you!

miles2go

Thanks people, this is such a great place. Hey Jena, I think my big drama went down (about a year ago) during your hiatus from the board and then you came back with your difficult child in crisis and I still feel bad that I was too busy to write a word or two to that -- I don't know how you hardcore forum participants provide support to souls in need day in and day out.
I come from a place where lemons were exotic and almost unobtainable and lemonade is a sticky bubbly mass-bottled stuff with flavors anything but lemon, so this expression is not easy to catch on to for some.
My life throws me exactly the things I need -- I was getting a bit too laid back I think, and this is just what I needed to make sure I am back in fighting shape -- going to get all my kids' summer worked out this weekend, put the documentation for this together etc. It's all good, though the lawyer will get richer from this. I remember a few years ago making all kinds of promises to the higher power, trying to make a deal to get exactly what I have now.
The ant farm is still sans ants, they are "in the mail". We'll see how they work out.

Jena

most important thing is that YOU have the kids...... i know some dad's with whom are fighting for theirs. Yet because the pendulam can't spell here in new york at least has gone too far the other way... alot of abusive mother's have their children and anything short of murder continue having custody

i wish you luck, the peace will come in time. It sounds like your managing the kids, your new life really well.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well the kids ARE important......unless it's for that ANT farm - and then? I think those ants are going to be MUCH handier. LOL.....I just got so tickled with myself - Okay okay - What did the one starving ant eater say to the other starving ant eater? wait for it.............wait for it......... "The ants are in the male." (oh don't groan you KNOW it was funny)

miles2go

Hey Star, I think needs a little work, how about that's what a deadbeat anteater said to his anteater lender (landlord?). the ants are still in the mail, (PC6 is checking the mailbox daily) and I found out that we are not getting an ant queen so rather than getting a viable colony all I have is a jail for ants to stay until they die, then I have to add more. Sounds gruesome; I don't think we'll be giving names to these poor insects (would be all girls, right?).
Jena, it's "pendulum'. I went to a picnic with Fathers4Justice, some have heartbreaking stories.
We are fortunate I guess that my wife's craziness is upfront and easier to see.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wow that IS rather gruesome. However after seeing a real Queen recently - I doubt the hat would fit in that farm. Now THAT was gruesome.

nvts

Keep up the great work Miles! There are those of us out there that would pay money for an ex-husband that would take them for a weekend (heck even a phone call to them would be a step!), but she's dangerous. I would think the court would insist on proof of her being medication-compliant before she's able to visit with them at all.

What doesn't kill us makes us stonger. :)

Beth

miles2go

Thanks, nvts.
Star, I missed the royal nuptuals. My 15 y.o. daughter asked me why they are so popular. I've been told I am smart but my kids ask more and more questions I don't know the answers to.
The ant farm is great, they are digging everywhere. I can't shake the feeling though that I am running some kind of Gulag labor camp. Need to figure out a way to remove the dead without the rest of them escaping.

Marguerite

Our whole house is an ant farm... damp weather has driven them indoors. If we wanted to populate an ant farm, all we'd have to do is lace it with a little sugar water and leave it outside for a few days.

Miles, I hope your lawyer can sort this one out. Hopefully it will rebound on her due to her refusal to accept court-ordered supervised visitation.

Marg

TerryJ2

Yes, I was thinking her first refusal would come back to bite her. Stay strong!
And keep those ant house lids shut. :halfdead: