Aaargh! School is slosed

TerryJ2

Last week, difficult child was home sick Monday. Then school was closed for conferences Wed. Then came the weekend. Then MLK holiday yesterday. Last night, we got an automated ph msg that said school would be closed because it MIGHT snow. Aaaarrgh!
I need my difficult child to go back to school b4 I lose my mind!!!!
I thought I hid the PS2 controllers but he's got them right now.:(

It's gray and cold ... could snow, or not.

I'm going for a walk with-a friend b4 I'm totally housebound.

Janna

The schools are getting ridiculous. I'm so sorry :(
We got about an inch yesterday - the roads are fine - but my PTSD (LOL) woke me up at 4:30 AM to make sure there wasn't a delay, because lately, they shut down *before* anything even happens.
Hope the walk helps. I started a heavy exercise routine and that seems to help me somewhat.
Sending hugs and prayers for an easy day.

TerryJ2

Thanks Janna.
Just noticed my subject heading says slosed, LOL. Too bad I can't blame it on an early margarita! :)

L

luvmyottb

We are out today too. So, this week is MLK day off, closed Tuesday for snow, Wednesday school, difficult child school suspension on Thursday and off Friday for teacher conferences......ugh!

easy child is off all week due to finals, goes to school from 7:40 to 11am Thursday only.

It feels like Christmas break again around here.

M

ML

Our school NEVER closes. All county offices and other schools will close but ours will stay open. There's got to be a balance, I'd like a snow day once in a blue moon lol.

I hope your walk helps.

SRL

I feel your pain. Our kids were off Wed, Th, Fri last week for cold weather and then yesterday for MLK Day. A 6 day vacation shortly on the heels of winter break is not good timing. Today I told them to be prepared because the teachers just missed 3 days of state testing preparation.

B

bran155

I'm with ya!! My son is home sick today. Actually we both are sick. We are going to make cookies and play games. All I wanna do is sleep!!!!

AnnMarieTN

School is closed here too. I ended up having to take my difficult child with me to work today since I can't leave him home alone.

susiestar

Roll With It
Our schools haven't closed a day yet this year. Until 3 weeks ago thank you was still wearing shorts a couple of days a week. He even wears them with his winter coat. his classroom is VERY warm. And he likes to be cool or cold.

I am sorry you all are having to deal with the kids home all these days. We will problem have some really cold days in Feb or early march.

(But right now I have the heat off and windows open because the house is 70 degrees because the sun coming in!)

Don't strangle me yet, remember, I have a child at home with me every day.

TerryJ2

Oh, alright, Susie, I won't strangle you. I just won't share my bunny slippers when it gets cold out there. ;)

Misery loves company...

Tink had no school Friday (too cold), yesterday (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's birthday), today (institute day).

Do they call it institute day because any second now I will be institutionalized? Gaaah

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry Terry! We just had 5 days off with the kids. Thursday and Friday due to the cold weather and then the weekend and MLK Day. I was so ready to go back today!

TerryJ2

They're back in school. Yaaaay!
I"m making dr appts. and going for a walk.
Amazing, that when they're not here, they're still here, in my mind. I have to wash out my brain and learn to relax.

lizzie09

lizzie
Did any of you in NY get a day off school for the inaugeration?

We were watching it here on TV after everyone came home ...so many people were there of all ages

It seemed a great day for everyone and looks promising for the future

TerryJ2

Our kids were supposed to have a special lunch and watch the festivities and make it part of the curriculum.
Oh well.