Aaarghhhh--Valentine's Day budget cuts

TerryJ2

I am sicker than a dog. I wanted to make a nice dinner for the 4 of us, but now we'll do takeout. :(

Originally, husband and I were going out either Sun or Mon to avoid the Valentine's Day dinner rush (we've gotten awful svc everywhere we've gone for the past 4 yrs.)

A friend just called (always, always at the last min.) and said he had reservations at a nice restaurant and could we go with-them?
Aaaarrrgghhh!

He heard my voice (or the lack of it) and immediately knew I wasn't going anywhere.

I want to go out to a nice restaurant!!! WAhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! :(:(:(

So, I'm sitting here trying to make myself feel better by saying that it is a new way to cut our household budget in a time of economic crisis.

Right?

Last edited:

rejectedmom

Awwwwwwwww I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Celebrate next weekend. Heck, if the government can change Washington's birthday you can celebrate Valentines day when it is more convienent. Besides, it is always fun to have dinner with someone you love. -RM

:gifts::gifts::gifts:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wanted to make husband take me to Olive Garden for Vday. But I'm also sicker than a dog.

I feel your frustration

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you are all so sick. I was sick yesterday and the day before. I don't have ANYTHING for husband, but he got me a cute card - a noisy one. I will probably hear from my best Vday gift in a little while (Wiz was conceived the 17th of Feb because it was the day closest to Vday that husband and I could manage an evening together, LOL! We had both been swamped or out of town working for 3 weeks before and after, so I am POSITIVE he is my Vday gift from that day!)

Anyway, I hope you all feel better and can then go out and really ENJOY a nice dinner at a nice restaurant.

There is a big woman's living expo I wanted to go to on Fri but was flat out with a migraine. So that is a no-go for me this year.

Have Vday any day or days you want!!!! Cupid will go ahead and leave a note on your door like the UPS guy - I promise!

Andy

I wish I could trade places with you. I would gladly be sick today and stay home so you could have your special plans. I had no special plans for today.

Non-easy child diva was sick on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. I shared a glass of pop with her (same straw) so am very surprised that I have not gotten what she had. Lots of people in this area getting sick.

When you feel better, it will be easier to find a quiet resturaunt to make up for tonight.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I would have traded places also. I am so used to not going out, it doesn't even phase me any more.
And N is sick also!
Well I hope you are feeling better.
Maybe the takeout was decent?
I hope it was, maybe takeout Sushi?

DammitJanet

I wasnt sick and we planned to go out. Stupid us forgot to make reservations...lol.

We planned to take our favorite valentine out to her first Japanese restaurant. We got there and they were packed! 2hour wait. No way we could wait that long with a 2 year old.

We went to a seafood place instead. I guess we shall try for when everyone is here and we can get a table for the whole family.

TerryJ2

Aw, Lisa and Susie and N, get well.

Susie, you know the conception date of Wiz? My husband and I are still arguing about easy child's, 17-1/2 yrs later, LOL!

Janet, yeah, even sushi restaurants need reservations on Valentine's Day. I've always loved going to them with-the kids because the hibachi area is so entertaining.

No, husband and easy child did not bring home sushi. They brought home Chinese. And none for me.
I stole half of difficult child's rice and half of easy child's rice.

Then husband made me Lipton Chicken noodle soup, which I had requested for lunch. (Okay, so it's 7 hrs later ... ;) )
He apparently thought it was Cup-a-Soup. He poured 1 cup of hot water on it and served it to me. It was supposed to have 4 cups of hot water and boil for 20 min.
So it was almost dark brown ... and...
crunchy ...
eouw.
After two more tries, husband asked how long he should cook it. I said, "Forever."

Sigh.