Abbey

Tiapet

Old Hand
If you aren't already a member of it sign up to freecycle organization in your area. You said you need boxes.

I can't tell you how many people have posted their free boxes, all sizes from small to large to wardrobe, in the last two weeks here. I understand this is a constant thing with boxes. If you were here you would have had your 100 boxes in less then a week!

They are free of course so give it a shot! :)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks, Tia!! I will definetely check it out. Just finished 22 boxes.

On a funny note, I was packing up our entertainment center which is 12 feet high. On top, I find this really cool thing husband made for me about 2 years ago. It's a framed poem that he wrote. Now, how it got up there, I have NO clue. On top of it was our official marriage certificate. (We can never remember the date we married.)

So, I take it down...it's caked with dust and go over to the sink to wipe it off. husband is standing next to me. The certificate goes in the drain!! It literally kind of curled and slipped in.

husband looks at me and says, "I guess the writing is on the wall." I laughed so hard.

Back to packing.

Abbey

Lothlorien

Better get yourself another or you won't be able to renew your driver's license. Seriously.

Good luck with packing. I hate packing to move. It takes FOREVER!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I was able to save it. That God the disposal was not on.

Tia...I can't find the free boxes. Do you have a link?

Abbey

Tiapet

Old Hand
There is no link, people usually post it in the email on the list and it looks something like this:

"offer: 20 large moving boxes {they put location here}"

Then you would respond to them.

I'm not sure how each list works. Here you have to join the list and then be accepted to the list. They tell you, again for here, to offer something up too (not sure if everyone does). Then when people accept (they respond privately) they repost and it looks like this "taken: 20 large moving boxes". Or you can post "wanted 100 moving boxes such and such size and shapes".

http://www.freecycle.org/