Abbey????

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I got to thinking of you today as I was driving around. I was looking at all the road work that has been done and still needs done around town and thought OMG what will Abbey do when the snow comes if thunder and lighning are a problem. You might want to prepare now for the inevitable. I know that snow may be the last thing you want to think of but....this is the midwest and well it will happen.

beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm going to hide in my basement.;)

I haven't driven in snow for MANY years, but I'm sure I could pick it up quickly. I used to be pretty darn good at it.

What I'm most concerned about is clothing. I've lived in sweltering heat for the last 17 years and my clothes reflect that. I have NO winter clothing. All my shoes are open toed, no coats, gloves, sweaters, boots...it should be interesting.

Abbey

meowbunny

Go shopping with your mother in law. I'm sure she knows where you can get some granny clothing to go with the granny panties. (Yes, I'm ducking again. by the way, you spelled sorority correctly.)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thanks, MB. I can always count on you to watch my back. ;)

Actually, my husband's aunt, who is my age and a really cool lady, is a manager at the Goodwill. (No, I'm not above shopping there.) She has been pulling aside some winter clothes for me. She also found me a fully working washer and dryer!! Have to wait until husband gets here to bring it home. She cracks me up. She gets an additional 25% off anything she buys, then they have 'color' days where things that are tagged in that color are 25% off. So yesterday she's telling me all these things she picked up for me for like 75cents each.

This is not Vegas, baby. My friends in Vegas would be absolutely stunned that anyone would go to Goodwill. I should take a picture of myself in front of the store holding bags of goods and send it to them.:peaceful:

Abbey