Abbey's house warming - RETRO

Star*

call 911........call 911
I thought we could all send a picture to Abbey of our gifts -

here's mine-

I know she's been saying she wanted a dog for a while...well HERE HE IS ladies and gents -

This is GROOVY

Peace_Out_Dog.jpg

Peace out

everywoman

I've got a lovely little statute left over from husband's childhood. It has a small boy holding up two peace signs---I'll bring that.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I WILL NOT show this post to husband!! (Actually, I do have an old rotary phone that still works, but it's black. And thank you for the decorating party. ;)) If he starts painting in avacado and orange, I'm packing my bags. Thank God we don't have shag carpet. Can you imagine the grime that lived in that stuff? Ewww...

Kev says this afternoon, "How come you don't play the 8 track?"

Dear. You have over $30,000 worth of state of the art audio equipment in your studio that could probably broadcase a good couple of square miles.

He just looks at me and blinks. "But it's so cool!" (Someone slap me in the head. No...someone slap HIM in the head.)

I did go to a really cool retro shop downtown today. They had the most adorable 60's dresses. I might have to go back and get me one and go visit the Georgia boys.:angel2::cutie_pie:

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
You can't do retro without doing something with the kitchen:

As for the 8 track....I do believe I still have one from when I was a kid. Seasame Street Fever. (Picture Big Bird in the white disco suit Travolta wore)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, gawd. I've had my fair share of lava lamps. They're actually pretty cool.

As far as the leg lamp, my husband would KILLLLLLLL for one of those. I WILL NOT show him that link.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I am sending one of my personal favorites.......the old bonnet hairdryer. So if your hair is long enough set it with orange juice cans, scotch tape your bangs down and fall asleep under the hair dryer for a couple of hours.......warm air and the sound blocks out all sound, so you may want to have tshirt and shorts on.......you won't hear any knocking!

Star*

call 911........call 911
FINALLY -

Done with the living room - except for that snappy shag rug and that awesome phone! OMG - that lamp leg thing was the absolute tackiest thing I have EVER seen........

trinityroyal

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL What were some of the songs? I'm not sure where mine is at the moment.

(To a disco beat, with a horn intro...)
Rubber Ducky, you're the one
You make bath time lotsa fun
Rubber Ducy, I'm awfully fond of you
Rubber Ducky, Joy of joys
When I squeeze you, you make noise
Runner Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true

Every day when I
Make my way to the tub-by
I find a little fellow who's
Cute and yellow and chubby
Rub-a-dub-dub-by

mstang67chic

Going Green
FINALLY -

Done with the living room - except for that snappy shag rug and that awesome phone! OMG - that lamp leg thing was the absolute tackiest thing I have EVER seen........

OMG!!! It looks like Jack Tripper would be coming in the door any minute!

And the leg lamp? Don't you know coutre when you see it Star? That's Italian!!! (Fra-gee-lee)

mstang67chic

Going Green
(To a disco beat, with a horn intro...)
Rubber Ducky, Joy of joys
When I squeeze you, you make noise
Runner Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true

Every day when I
Make my way to the tub-by
I find a little fellow who's
Cute and yellow and chubby
Rub-a-dub-dub-by

Woot
Woot
Woot
**alert sirens**

Flashback!
Flashback!

klmno

Darn-it! I feel like such a weenie. I had 3 (count them- three) concepts and found photos- but I couldn't get them linked. Where is difficult child when I actually NEED him?

Anyway, I won't describe them- it just wouldn't be the same... :(