Abby and Ziva got fixed today

DammitJanet

In fact they are at the vet's right now and I go to pick them up at 5:15 this afternoon. It has been a long day here while we wait to make sure they didnt call telling us something went wrong. Cory has called several times asking if we had heard anything...lol. They are just waking up.

Oh Abby was so scared she was shaking going in there. This is the first time she has ever gone anywhere in the car and she doesnt like a leash. Tony was carrying her and as we opened the door to walk in, she peed everywhere! Ziva is more used to a leash because she stays on a chain quite a bit at Cory's. I still had to carry her in though because I didnt trust the leash I had because it was small.

Oh my poor lil girls. Gonna be sore tonight. We are taking Ziva home to Cory's but Abby is gonna stay in the house for a few days.

DammitJanet

Well I am happy that I am doing my part in not adding to the population of unwanted dogs in the world. You know what, I think these two are the only ones left out of the entire litter Nina had. Sad huh?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Maggie will be going through it soon herself. Soon as I get a wide enough gap in easy child's current crazy overtime schedule. Since my shift has switched to days (6:15 am - 4:00 pm) it is making it tough to schedule because ours have to be dropped off so early in the mornings.......right when the boys are being dropped off. I *think* this is the last week of the crazy schedule. Cuz Nana is over it already. Flipping to days was bad enough, watching them extra days is just too much........I can't get squat done like that.

At least so far Maggie loves the vet and the vet office, so that shouldn't be an issue. (she might not feel the same way after surgery lol )

donna723

Aw, poor little girls ... Did you get them the pain medications?

When mine were spayed they pretty much stayed in their crates and slept it off the first day, only getting up to potty and get a drink of water. By the second day they were eating well and walking around the house. By the third day they were playing rough and zooming through the house like nothing every happened!

DammitJanet

Well I took Ziva home and left her on Cory's porch in her dog house. They gave them tramadol for pain medications. I dont know how Ziva is doing right now but Abby is one unhappy puppy. She came home, got on one of the couches and has stayed there ever sense. One time she got down, came over and climbed up in Tony's lap but other than that she is just going back and forth on that one couch. We are leaving her out tonight in the house and figure she will just stay on that couch. I have papers down in the house in case she needs to potty and cant wait. I did give her a pain pill because she got to where she started standing up on the couch and just backed herself into a corner with her nose touching the couch pillows like it hurt to lay down so I figured the pain shot they gave her must be wearing off.

I did found out how much they weigh though. She is 38 pounds and ziva is 32 pounds.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad I got the pain medications for Betsy when I got hers done.......although she only seemed to need them that first night. I got them for Precious (her mom) too and she took them for 2 wks.......having a whole litter nursing right where your incision is I figured had to hurt even if she was being patient about it. I didn't think of it with Molly..........and the vet didn' t mention it either. I wish he had.

I'll get them for Maggie too.

Now neither you or Cory will have a litter of unwanted puppies to cope with in the future, nor will you have to worry about dealing with heat. :)

DammitJanet

Abby seems more sensitive than most dogs...lol. Especially for a bulldog. She is a big baby. And pitiful? Omgosh she can look at you with the most pitiful face on earth. She is incredibly unhappy with me right now because I am the one who carried her into the mean place and I am the one forcing pills down her throat. However Papa rescued her from the mean place and put her in the car and took her home and carried her into the house and pet her after mommy gave her the nasty pill...lmao.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about honeyboo boo's but happy to know there will not be any more puppys to worry about and no one taking them for breeding......two less worries.

Yeaaaaa!!!!!!!!

TerryJ2

Aw, poor puppies! I know the feeling.

I would just sit with-her and give her some TLC so that she knows you're worth more than just shoving a pill down her throat. Any way you could wrap it in hamburger or something?

Pain pills are good. And dogs seem to recover faster than we do. The one thing I always had a problem with-was getting the dogs not to run after something after surgery. By about the third day they were bouncing off the walls!

DammitJanet

Well she was smart about the pain pills. We were trying to wrap them in liverwurst but she figured it out. She wouldnt even eat the liverwurst! Now what dog wont eat liverwurst?

I did get her to drink a little water around 6 am and then she went out about 10 am. She seems to be feeling a bit better. I gave her some food and more water. She is outside with Tony watching him skin a deer he killed.

She didnt get off the couch last night to have any accidents so that is good.

Jody

A veterinarian friend of mine uses cheese ravioli to put pills in. It slides right down their throat and they never even know. Hope the babies are feeling better.

donna723

You might try what I do to get the pills down. My Ragan takes three pills every morning and one at night and is really stubborn about it. But now I give her the pills when I'm getting ready to feed my outside cat herd. I stick each pill in a spoonful of canned cat food - the smelly, fishy kind - and Ragan gobbles it up right off the spoon. She does know that the pills are in there but she wants the cat food bad enough that she doesn't mind the little "lumps". Works every time. Of course, they usually only need pain pills for a day or two after a spay.

DammitJanet

Yeah she is off the pain pills now and acting fine. She still will use her procedure for extra hugs when she wants them though...lol. She comes over and jumps up on Tony's lap and huggles on him and he used to push her off his chest but now he just pets her. She is really taking advantage...lmao.