Jena

hi to all,

hoping everyone is well. i'm waiting on columbia to contact me today with evaluation dates and grand total on what this is going to run me. their willing to work out payment plan which is great. wonder how payment plan on 10K looks......ugh

anyway rin's arleady experiencing withdrawal from abilify. sleep was rough last night. we had to take her into bed with us. she had nightmares and was up and down most of night. she wanted to be with us though, i think she felt safer. i normally dont' but even he said you know what she's going through alot lets just let her to give her that extra support.

it's only day 3 of half pill. so fast right for side effects of withdrawal???

Jen

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What dosage was she on??? K was up 10mg. We titrated back down really slow. EVEN though psychiatrist said oh just stop it, she'll be fine... whatever. I go by the as long as it took you to Titrate up, use the same amount to go back down. K didn't go thought to much withdrawal. But she was a mess anyway!!! We were working on other medications at the same time. Her tics were so bad that I just wanted her off of the AP's... Her rages did come back when we took her off...
She is probably feeling something...
Hang in there, I know this is hard.
Hugs

Jena

hi,

she was on only 5 mg. her system seems to be very sensitive. we began her on 2mg. for first 3 dys then went up to 5mg.

the sleep is going to get very wacky i think. i've been debating calling her pediatrician. to get clonidine again for her. yet i hate that medication.

ugh

what do you think?
thanks,
Jen

totoro

Can you try Melatonin first? or Calms forte? If you don't like Clonidine... or maybe something else??? From her doctor? We have Diazipam, Ativan... for PRN there are others also....
We use Clonidine... as a PRN.
I did not like it at first, K is so sensitive to medications a well, it used to knock her out, but now it just calms her down.
It can's hurt to put in a call.... I call. I am calling K's pediatrician this am. I talked to her therapist and her psychiatrist's office today already!!!! We are the customer.... LOL

Jena

i tried melatonin no effect at all, takes alot to get her down when she starts to fly. tried ativan that gave her serious a.m. hangover and she couldnt' get going. that's good that it just calms her instaed of knocking her out. it knocks my daughter out makes her dizzy initially i usually sleep with her when she's on it, or on her flr. beside bed.

crazy i know
Jen

totoro

Yeah I know what you mean... melatonin is not great for us, nor Ativan either....
Sorry