crazymama30

Toto, what is funny is that so far it has only activated difficult child for the first day or two, and then it is sedating and helps him fall asleep.

My difficult child has always been a good sleeper, but when he his hypo he wakes really early. 4 am or so. Uggg

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is how K is. She wakes early when she is hypo. Double UGH!
I wish I could slow her down at night, she is so hyper and then bam she goes out.

Well let's all keep body parts crossed that this next week goes well. This is a big thing and he needs to know he can do this.
It has to be causing so much anxiety for you, I know I would be anxious. But just give the School all of the info and let them know you are a nervous Nelly!
Then just take a deep breath.
I think these are those things our kids need to do, they wouldn't let him go if they didn't feel he could right?
You wouldn't be letting him go if a big part of you didn't think he could handle it right?

He can do this. :)

crazymama30

I think this is something difficult child needs to do, and what "they" (the school) think I don't know. I don't think they realize how nasty he can be, because they have only seen the good side. Lets keep it that way.

You wouldn't be letting him go if a big part of you didn't think he could handle it right

That is so true. I really do think he can do this, but there is that little voice called self doubt that keeps putting its nasty two cents in and causing me grief. I am certainly going to be a mess after I drop him off on Wednesday.

When I took difficult child's medications to the director on Friday he could tell I was nervous. I told him it was all me, not him. It did help so much that he said that now that he has met difficult child, not that he knows him as well as I do, he thinks difficult child will be just fine and that he felt that I was doing the right thing by not going also. He reallys does seem like a sincere man, and that made me feel so much better.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Onyxx was on 5mg in the evening and they increased it to 10mg. Honestly I'm going to ask if we can drop it back to 5mg. She seemed to be doing fine, in fact better, and now she's going through depressive stuff. Rather have her manic than depressed - and she wasn't manic much on 5mg.

Haven't tried to split it. Might ask about that though...