Absent-minded Andy!

Andy

I can't believe I did this! Figured it may give someone a chuckle.

Tonight husband asked if I would help hostess a day school registration open house. I bought the items he asked for including 6 - 1/2 gallon cartons of lemonade. We over purchased all the food and I decided to give the 4 1/2 gallons of unopened lemonade to the Sunday School program since it is good until the end of Sept.

So, I call my new Sunday School Superintendent who was planning on covering the 1st Sunday School snacks to ask if she could use the lemonade. She said yes and as we visited on my cell phone I found some scrap paper and tape and taped notes to the lemonade so it will be there the first day of Sunday School. As I was putting the tape away and closing the cupboard door, a little panic set in. I looked down and I was not holding my cell phone in my right hand as usual. Where in the world did I put it? I just didn't remember setting it down anywhere.

Then I remembered it was on my left ear and I was listening to my friend talk in it!

:faint::faint::faint: :rofl: And my kids wonder why I ask them to remember things for me! I can't even remember the things seen and held, how can I remember to do something in the future?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl:

I've been forgetful lately, too. Rescheduled a dentist appointment on Tuesday that was supposed to be for Wednesday to today. And then FORGOT to go... even though I wrote it on my calendar! :hammer:

I didn't realize it until I was already two hours late and on my way to difficult child 1's lacrosse practice. I'll call Monday since they're closed tomorrow... ugh.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have done similar things. It is frustrating. I hate being so preoccupied and scattered.

DammitJanet

Do you mean you had your bluetooth on? I can see where you would forget where the phone was with that. I get real confused when my son is walking around the house talking and I realize he isnt talking to me but talking on the phone!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Don't feel bad Andy....I do that ALL the time! LOL I've found myself digging in my purse or wandering around the house looking for my cell when I'm talking to someone on it. All. The. Time.

:slap:

Andy

I don't know what bluetooth is. It is a regular palm sized cell phone. I had it held in my left hand up to my ear listening to my friend speak as I went into a mini "oh no! where is it?" panic because it was not in my right hand.

Once I figured out what I did, I had to giggle and tell my friend that I lost whatever she just told me because I couldn't find my phone. LOL!

Sometimes these funny little wake up calls really brings us back to reality.

:rofl:

KTMom91

Bluetooth is that thing you stick in your ear, so you look like a Borg while you're talking. Hubby wears his most of the time. I have one, but it makes me crazy because it won't stay put.

lmf64

OMG LMBO. I shouldn't be, but I am. Don't feel bad though, I do stuff like that all the time. I'll never forget the time I was talking on the phone to a friend in another state over 2000 miles away. As we were talking she said something about wishing she could see something (can't remember what it's been over 20 years now) at which point I said hold on a sec I'll grab a picture to show you. LOL like there was any way she could see the pictures.