Abused friend

keista

The sex is just more manipulation. I imagine it would get even worse if she refused him. Easier for her to go along than him forcing himself on her. :sigh:

DDD

I'll soon be 71 and I have only met one woman who had sex every day. I was in my mid twenties when she told me that and I went "what???". Her husband was not violent but the head of the household, believed that they should reproduce as much as possible because of the Bible, and they literally had a baby every year or so. She was "allowed" to have her freedom a few days each month during her cycle and looked forward to it as her only break. I can not imagine intimacy with someone who abused me (of course, I wouldn't be there since I'm a strong personality). Yikes! DDD

donna723

Him demanding to have sex with her every day is the human equivalent of a dog marking it's territory by peeing on the shrubbery!

Sorry to make that comparison but that's exactly what it is!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'll soon be 71 and I have only met one woman who had sex every day. I was in my mid twenties when she told me that and I went "what???". Her husband was not violent but the head of the household, believed that they should reproduce as much as possible because of the Bible, and they literally had a baby every year or so. She was "allowed" to have her freedom a few days each month during her cycle and looked forward to it as her only break. I can not imagine intimacy with someone who abused me (of course, I wouldn't be there since I'm a strong personality). Yikes! DDD

Funny you should mention the Bible...ahem, without getting into a religious debate or offending anyone...THEY were fundamental Baptists...now she is the only one practicing - he left the church a few years ago. In her head she believes that the man is made in the image of God and as such, is to be obeyed. We once had a lengthy debate about how that may be so, but as a man made in the image of God, ahem, he is supposed to be a loving, respectful, supportive and uplifting husband to his wife...he is supposed to act in the ways in which God preaches he should...he's not supposed to be verbally, mentally, emotionally and physically abusive. As his wife, he doesn't OWN her, they are a partnership with mutual respect and consideration of one another. Neither shall wield more power over the other. She said I was right, but she said, "through my behavior, he will come to see the light and be uplifted by me and become a better man"....ummmm, after 27 years I'd say she had given it her best shot and it's time to come up with another plan. Again, I don't bash any believers, just get it right though. This is not a man living a Christian life, no mistake about that, huh? I imagine that this is how they ended up with FIVE children?

Donna - you are SO right on about his marking his territory, how disgusting.

keista

H&R, for the record, everything you said was in NO way bashing. It was indeed "getting it right". Unfortunately, she also gave you the "right" response. We may consider it misguided, but she has to come to that conclusion herself through her own faith. She's lucky to have a friend like you who respects her faith and someday, you might just get her to "see the light and be uplifted"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jo I will be praying for your friend.

I don't believe God intended for any human being to be abused or to take that abuse. And, I'm fairly sure but I'm drawing on childhood knowledge here so take that into acct, that if she looks in the bible it is stated in there ground for divorce that is approved by God, abuse is one of them, adultery another. My mom is a religious fanatic.....and well, someone had to point that scripture out to her to motivate her out of a really bad marriage. And I'm sorry after more than 20 yrs, it's time to give up on the idea she's going to change his way of thinking........because she's not, she's feeding the problem without meaning to.

I wish I remembered exactly where it is, but I don't, just that it is there and if she speaks with her pastor or someone else very knowledgeable in the bible it's not hard to find.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jo I will be praying for your friend.

I don't believe God intended for any human being to be abused or to take that abuse. And, I'm fairly sure but I'm drawing on childhood knowledge here so take that into acct, that if she looks in the bible it is stated in there ground for divorce that is approved by God, abuse is one of them, adultery another. And I'm sorry after more than 20 yrs, it's time to give up on the idea she's going to change his way of thinking........because she's not, she's feeding the problem without meaning to.

I wish I remembered exactly where it is, but I don't, just that it is there and if she speaks with her pastor or someone else very knowledgeable in the bible it's not hard to find.

If someone could find out where it is in the bible, I would send it to her! Thanks!

TerryJ2

Sigh. Can't imagine having sex, feeling that abused and angry.

I hadn't thought of this, but it's a very good point: one of the kids taking matters into their own hands,

L

Liahona

Malachi 2: 11-17 This is probably the scripture you were wondering about it. It basically says: be good to your wife. The Lord hates divorce but dealing treacherously a reason for divorce.