Acedemic Probation

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OH, brother! Did Nichole get a major wake up call in the mail.

She's been notified by the college that she's on acedemic probation this coming quarter. Seems she got an F in one of her classes, the other she dropped, and I think she only managed a C in Biology.

I asked her what happened? Cuz it was the easiest freaking class she had! Turns out that Nichole didn't do a single one of her check offs. This class was for the medical assisting, she had to check off on things like vital signs and such. Nichole scheduled to meet with the instructor, instructor was late, so Nichole decided she wasn't waiting around. Argh! And of course instructor never mentioned it again.

I said well DUH! You're an adult dear girl. They expect YOU do make sure YOU have everything done to complete a course, even if it means bending over backwards to meet with the instructor to finish things. :slap: :rolleyes:

So I guess winter quarter will show us just how serious she is about college. I'm not worried one way or the other as she has her own student loans and is responsible for paying them back. So it's HER problem.

Last quarter she had me available 24/7 for help. But only asked me a handful of times. This quarter she won't. I'll have my own courses and studying to do. So it ought to prove interesting.

skeeter

Lisa -

I'm sorry, but when I saw the title of your post, I thought of the "super secret probation" from the movie "Animal House".....

We're going through somewhat the same thing with NF's wife (who is also bi-polar). She went to a VERY expensive college (paid for by her folks) for two years, and basically managed to get no credits that would transfer. So she's starting over at a branch of UC here (still paid for by her folks, thank goodness). She could only get into 2 classes this quarter, and wound up dropping one. I don't know yet what she got on the other.
The "plan" was she would be done with college when NF got out of the Navy, so that she would be working full time and he could go to college. Now he's planning on going straight to work (unless he stays in, but that's another story).
I've "lightly" suggested that perhaps a RN isn't the way to go for her, but so far she's not listening.......

F

flutterbee

Can you imagine how angry you would be if you had been forking over the money?!! :grrr:

How did Nichole react to the news? Is she prepared to buckle down next quarter?