Ache decided he will talk to us again

SuZir

How very utilitarian of him considering he has few days in row free next week and he plans to crash home during that time. We happen to live near enough where his girlfriend currently lives and apparently girlfriend's roommate would not like the idea of a guy living with them for a week.

Well, I have to say it was much longer 'ever again' than I expected. I would had bet closer to two weeks than two months it took.

SuZir

Like usual, "need" usually brings them back around

To his defence: I'm quite sure he actually wanted it much earlier but couldn't really figure out 'how.' The need just forced him to take that step even though he had not figured out the 'how'-part yet. Let's say that how he did it, did lack certain finesse.

There are many actual reasons why contacting us again was so difficult for Ache and for certain reasons we were not willing to help him this time nor take the first step.

We had a point to make in this situation and we were not willing to let go from that but decided to wait till he accepts, if not agrees, with it. How he feels about all that now is something we need to have a long conversation with him some day, but maybe not yet next week. Totally depends how he is actually faring up.

Last edited:

Childofmine

one day at a time
Their "never again" usually turns out to be "sooner rather than later." Shows their immaturity and their impulsiveness. All of them!

Just glad you heard from him, Mom. I know you are too.

Hope the visit goes okay. Hang in there!

(What we moms go through...)

Scent of Cedar *

Two months is a very long time. Long enough for Ache to realize, maybe, that whatever actions you took were taken because you love him for himself. From the way you have described Ache to us, it seems there are many people who love him for reasons having to do with charisma or appearance or athletic skill.

Maybe, over these past months, Ache has begun learning the difference.

There are many actual reasons why contacting us again was so difficult for Ache and for certain reasons we were not willing to help him this time nor take the first step.

We had a point to make in this situation and we were not willing to let go from that but decided to wait till he accepts, if not agrees, with it. How he feels about all that now is something we need to have a long conversation with him some day, but maybe not yet next week. Totally depends how he is actually faring up.

I like the balance you and D H seem to have come to regarding Ache's behaviors.

And the flexibility. (Totally depends on how he is actually faring up.)

Cedar