acne and zoloft?

crazymama30

So does anyone know if zoloft can worsen already oily skin? I have been plagued by acne, on my face and neck. Really big ones!

crazymama30

Nice. I am going to wait for awhile and see if this calms down. I hate to switch as this is working, but at the same time I do not like looking like a volcanoe face. I usually have some of this, but it worsens when I get my period. Maybe that is coming up.

Thanks for the info flutter, I looked in the PDR online, and it did not list the above symptoms.

flutterby

Fly away!
I have cystic acne that has just gotten worse with age - and probably medications - so I feel your pain. Because I am already predisposed, any medication that lists acne as a possible side effect is just going to worsen it for me.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I didn't realize it til about a year ago, but I"ve fought acne my adult life. Went to an allergist last year that told me I had metabolic syndrome, which is just 4 or 5 markers that predispose me to diabetes and cardiovascular disease later in life. I eat healthy, am not overweight, exercise regularly, etc, but proinsulin levels were still too high and inflammation was high and a few other things. Plus he said my skin and build clued him in to running the tests...acne, dark splotches, and a few other thigns I don't recall.

I started eating according to diabetic guidelines and i'll be danged if the acne didn't go away, too.

Just food for thought. Cause I didn't know it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yeah. I wasn't aware but this guys says sugar is an inflammatory, too. When I don't stick to about 130g carbs a day, even tho I'm not diabetic, I have markers for RA, too, that go away when I stay under the 130g. USDA recommends about 300g or so carbs a day, but that's apparently just too much for me.

Never in my life had anyone suggested that and it has really made a world of difference.