Acne Question for the Ladies - Personal in Nature

susiestar

Roll With It
I truly wish that birth control pills were an option. Because of the way her migraines prevent, and the seizures she cannot use hormone therapy. We saw the gyn a year or two ago because her period have always been horrendous. The doctor was great, but said that hormones would increase the health risks to an almost certainty of major problems.

She also said that Jess should get used to abstinence until she is an adult and then either a diaphragm and condoms or condoms and a foam or cream form of birth control. Hormones will always be very dangerous for her.

Sigh. makes me wish I could just check her in somewhere for a week and have them "fix" all the problems so she didn't have to cope with them all. (NOT fix like getting a dog fixed, just make all the problems go away!)

I will look for the neutrogena soap and for me the cerava stuff. We started with tea tree oil tonight. She really likes the smell, so that is a bonus as it is one scent that doesn't make me ill.

witzend

I would take her to a dermatologist. It's probably a good thing that it is summer, as she is not seeing everyone at school and being all self-conscious about it in front of everyone she knows and everyone she doesn't know. This doesn't sound like regular acne. She's got enough going against her without this added burden. If you need a referral, call the doctor and tell him/her that it's gotten worse and you want a referral.

graceupongrace

I don't know about the Cerave soap, but the Cerave cream & lotion are very good for dry skin & eczema. They help form a barrier that keeps moisture in & allergens out. We always have a big jar of the cream handy.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
One more thing to add, if she had any sort of blood sugar/insulin out-of-whacks, that can cause acne in the areas you describe. I'm almost certain Jess probably is not a junk food eater, but you guys might take a look at her diet or have her glucose/insulins checked at her next lab.