Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9p or later

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
LOL, Insane -

We do the same thing. Try for 6....6:30...usually get to dinner about 7...sometimes 7:30...

There needs to be an option for "whenever we get around to it" - LOL!

T

TeDo

If difficult child 2 has to work, we all eat at different times because he has to eat at 4:30, before he goes to work. Nights that I work, they are totally on their own. Between these 2 situations, we SELDOM have a regular dinner time. It used to be between 5-5:30. When I still lived at home it was 5:30 SHARP!

trinityroyal

We're pretty regimented about dinner, especially on weekends when everyone is around. We try to start by 5:30 pm, but sometimes don't start until 6:00, what with gathering all the small ones who are employing their selective hearing when called.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Ours is pretty regularly 7ish. Could be 730 and yes, it can be any other time as well though not to often earlier most likely later and as late as 9 depending on what has gone on. She was just complaining that she thought 7-730 was too late but the reason it's that time is for 2 reasons. I find that if I feed the younger difficult children before this their "stealing" of food or hung pangs or foraging needs that cause it happen far worse and they are less satiated. So I'm trying to prevent some of it by doing this and I explained this to her. The other factor is that it just works out that that is the best time when you consider everyone's scheduling of what they are doing in general.

I didn't think it was so bad and especially when it's spring/summer, no one wants to eat so early anyway.

I do agree, I should have put a "whenever" too but I wanted to get a rough idea just to see if I was placing dinner time too far off, not that I place a lot of weight on what she says but I do look to improve if I'm wrong on something.

InsaneCdn

Given that part of our household is in BED by 7:30 most nights... supper at 7 would be deadly. Including the fact that said individual is on medications that mean blood sugar needs to be EVEN - not major spikes and dips. I cannot imagine supper any later than 6. (and, for the record, I'm an absolute night-owl - it's not ME in bed at 7!)

You have to do what works, but... maybe your daughter actually DOES need to eat earlier?

Tiapet

Old Hand
Insane, she's 21! lol She was/is just being finicky I was thinking as she will eat anything anytime and I was taking it, at the time of a complaint but really did want to check it out "in case" I was really wrong. She also eats late at night all the time even AFTER dinner so another reason I wasn't weighing to heavily on it but...;)

Jody

We eat about 6 pm, as close as I can get to it. Depends on my fibromyalga and how I feel though. On the weekends, I keep a pot of soup in the crock-pot, & we just grab a bowl when we want to on Saturdays. Sunday we generally do breakfast on your own and I cook a nice dinner and we eat at 1 or so, and then if you get hungry in the evening its leftovers, or whatver we feel like. Pretty laidback. Just the two of us though.

LittleDudesMom

When the children were little, 5-5:30. With just difficult child and myself - usually between 6:30 and 7 on school nights and "whenever" on fri and sat. Sunday is family dinner (easy child joins us and often my cousin as well) earlier in the day and then a movie.

Sharon

DammitJanet

I think we eat later than most because Tony gets home later than most folks seeing that he can be driving anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes each way to work. He can get home between 7 and 8 at night so we normally eat around then. On weekends we eat earlier.

Californiablonde

For us it's 6:00 sharp. It's when difficult child and I take our night time medications too. Geodon absolutely has to be taken with a full stomach or else it doesn't work at all, meaning a night of no sleep. So we take ours with dinner. It stays in my system for about twelve hours. I need to be up and getting ready for work by 6 a.m. and if the Geodon is still in my system I feel too groggy and out of it. So it's imperative I take it and eat dinner at 6 every night. Weekend are different. I stay up later those nights and take my medications later with a midnight snack. Weekends we typically eat between 6 and 7.

muttmeister

I live in Nebraska. We eat dinner at noon.:bigsmile: Supper, however, happens in my house around 6 as my mother is living with me now and she can't sleep if she eats too late.

DDD

When the children were little I tried to have dinner on the table no later than 5:30. It worked well as there was plenty of time for baths, homework, games, reading and television. We always had a bedtime tool My sisters thought I was nuts because they "went with the flow". Yikes, with even one difficult child in the house "going with the flow" led to chaos, LOL. DDD