Add me to the "I hate you" club

mum2JK&TH

Guess yesterday was a bit much for difficult child, this morning was rough. So it was probably the best time for difficult child to add me to this club as I am still flying pretty high about their great day yesterday :smile:.
As usual difficult child wouldn't get his stuff done this morning in time for the bus so when it was time to get ready for the bus, difficult child still hadn't brushed his teeth. easy child is going on a school trip to a camp so she packed the toothpaste thinking difficult child was done with it. Well he FREAKED on her something awful. I got upset with him and told him that it was his fault that he chose to do other things than get ready for school. Oh boy, he didn't like that at all! So I got the "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! over and over and over. I have to say I was pretty pleased the fact that it's taken until he is 10 to say this to me. It's amazing what we can take from an ugly thing :rofl:

K

Kjs

I'm in that club. I felt so bad when he said it. Feel better about it now. Seems to be a popular club.

busywend

I belong to this club.

It is not as good as the 'I love you' club, but a necessary club for the preteen/teen parent.

TerryJ2

Wow, you just joined? That's both good and bad.
Can't believe he was 10 b4 he said it. Sigh.
Good luck.
{{Cyberhugs}}

K

Kjs

I must add to prior post. I am in that club...but also in the "I love you club". I believe these clubs are prioritized by difficult child. I have no say so as to which club I am presently a member of.

'Chelle

I got the I hate yous. The first time hurt, but come to understand that was the point, he didn't really mean it, so the rest of them came with the reply that it wasn't my job to make him like me, just teach him what he need to know. The I love yous came to, and those I believed, since they came mostly at bedtime with no expectation of anything. :smile: He doesn't say it anymore, for many reasons, the best being he's improved so much.

Sunlight

ant says I love you almost every time I see him now. so if you can only wait til they are over 21...lol....it will improve.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh yeah-I'm in that club! It used to hurt a lot. For the most part not anymore-it's that rhino skin we warrior moms develop!