Adderall added today.

Lothlorien

psychiatrist wanted to add something to help her with school. She started summer school today, so we started her on it today.

Her room was an absolute disaster...horrifying. I've been on her about it for weeks, but after the death of a favorite aunt on Father's day, I relaxed a little. I went to get something out of her room today and just lost it. Good thing she was at school. 7 towels in her room. 7. I made a whole list of other things, but I won't bore you. The good thing is, when she came home, I told her that she would be grounded for two weeks if it wasn't taken care of today. I didn't spend all afternoon reminding her to get back up there and clean it, she just did it. AND she even did two loads of laundry!

Day one of Adderall XR.....success! I hope this continues. The last time we tried her on a stimulant, she became very hyper-focused on stuff and if we tried to redirect her, she'd rage. I was not happy with the results, so we pulled her off. I hope that doesn't happen again.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope all goes well! We never could have difficult child on stimulants (although we tried them all) because he would get to violent. However, we have had him back on Straterra (not a stimulant but before bad results, this time fine).

TerryJ2

Well, it works quickly, so this is a good thing.

I think she's in competition with-my son for the messiest room. I bet he wins; he's got old food and drinks in there ... ewwww.