ADHD stops children being able to switch off daydreaming brain

R

runawaybunny

ADHD stops children being able to switch off daydreaming brain - The Telegraph

Researchers found that they physically find it harder to switch off a "default setting" of the brain designed to pass the time when not focused on a task.

This means their thoughts are more likely to wander at random or daydream when they should be concentrating.

The study, by the University of Nottingham, may explain the physical process behind ADHD sufferers lack of ability to concentrate on the job at hand.

"You could say that children with ADHD are easily bored but this shows there is a biological basis to it," said the study leader Professor Chris Hollis.

H

HaoZi

Hmm... a lot of ADHDs are really smart... a lot of smart people daydream or "get lost in thought" fairly often... I recall noticing that my more "normal" classmates didn't daydream much and usually were not too creative. I've talked to some people that have no thoughts whatsoever at times. I always found that weird since I usually have several things processing at varying rates in my head and even now daydream a lot while doing mundane tasks.