Adult child lies about everything.

Steveh

My 40 year old child continually lies, steals from me and should most probably should be in jail. This person can be so charming and then just when you think all is good, the heroine addict reappears. How do you tell your child you can never see them again.

BusynMember

I have a 40 year old. They are far from children. They are middle age adults.

I dont know your back story, but if he steals from you, hurts you, drives you insane...get a restraining order against him. Dont say anything you arent sure you can do. Just dont answer his calls or texts or the door if he comes over (see restraining order). Change your locks. Get a security camera. Do not see or talk to him unless he is clean and, even then, because relapse is common, only meet him in a public place, like a coffee shop, not in your house. Ever. If he stole recently, call the police. What a betrayal.

I am assuming he is intolerable. Most addicts are. And your son must have been on this road for a while now at age 40.

You cant be young and you deserve to enjoy the rest of your life and feel safe. Do whatever you have to do to make that happen. Do you have other family or close friends? Church group? Any support?

We are here for you. Most if us are familiar with drugged adult kids.

BusynMember

Shame, they dont CARE about the relapse, etc. If they want help, at age 40 your son knows how and where to get it. If he wants to quit, he doesnt need your guidance to quit. This isnt his first rodeo. He knows what he has to do. Drug addicts often sadly prefer the high to quitting.

He has already been to rehab? You have already done it all to try to help, right? Dont you deserve a life already?

Last edited:

Jenna0823

My 40 year old child continually lies, steals from me and should most probably should be in jail. This person can be so charming and then just when you think all is good, the heroine addict reappears. How do you tell your child you can never see them again.
Sounds like my heroin addict daughter. She lies and steals and cons me out of thousands at a time. I am so done with her now that she has kept my granddaughter from me as revenge for me putting a stop to her abuse towards me. And yes she can lie to your face and she can put on that sweet voice and seem so kid and people fall for it. Until the real her comes out. She is vindictive and mean. I am enjoying my peace from her drama. Don’t miss her a bit. She has been in jail and rehab so much that I am used to being away from her for periods of time. I just worry about my granddaughter who just moved back with her after 5 years in jail and on heroin. My daughter has stolen from me and lied even when off and clean from the heroin.

Triedntrue

Concentrate on yourself and your well being you deserve it. I flat out told my 37 year old I can not deal with his chaos anymore. I worked all my life and deserve to enjoy my remaining years without his hectic and draining life. Do I still worry, yes, do I let it consume me, no.