Advice needed

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My mom promised difficult child to take him to the fair when she goes to watch my neice show her livestock.

Of course, this was before difficult child was so "off".

Tomorrow is the day. Mom doesn't think she can handle difficult child on her own.

If difficult child doesn't go with mom, I have to miss over half the day of work for a field trip, and that's if he doesn't throw a royal fit over not getting to go to the fair and handles school. I am debating taking the day off and going to the fair with mom so that she can keep her promise, handle difficult child, and watch her other grandchild.

Input?

M

ML

I think that sounds like a nice day and would go for it. Your mom made the promise before the behavior escalated so it's undestandable that she doesn't think she can handle it. One thing I've learned the hard way in gfgland, NEVER make promises! LOL.

I bet your mom would love it and so would difficult child. You might even have a good time.

Hugs,

Michele

jannie

trying to survive....
If you have to take off to go on a field trip I would definately recommend going with your mom to the fair. I'm sure difficult child will enjoy seeing his cousin show her animals; as well as the other animals at the fair. I'm certain you will be more relaxed with the family than on the field trip.

by the way, is he in a camp program...why so many trips?

klmno

Ditto- if you can swing it, I'd go for it. But, I'd let difficult child know the plan asap so he doesn't get caught by surprise.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Jannie, he goes to a Montessori summer program. They have academics, but they also do a lot of "fun stuff", too. I am concerned about this particular field trip, also, because they have already been to this place a couple times this summer. I'm afraid the "new" will have worn off with difficult child, anyway.

Thanks for the input all. I guess if they fire me, they fire me, but I think the thing to do is go with mom and difficult child to the fair. Work is not real pressing right now, anyway, and as I say, if I don't go, I'm out over half the day, anyway.

This will also give me a good test for the increased Risperdal and dosing time changes. He actually sat down and played with toys for 40 minutes on Sunday (it has been months since he even played with his beloved Lego's) and he had a good day at school today, tho he fell apart as soon as he got home. Praying the Risperdal works.