Advice needed

jitterbug04

I have a 10 yr old son who has ODD. I am reaching the end of my rope. Family or friends do not understand what is wrong with him. Dr has suggested puttting him the hospital, has anyone one else tried this approach and did it help? I'm not sure this is the step I want to take, but not sure what else to do.

Andy

Does he pose a threat to himself and/or others? If so, I would consider hospitalization. Doctors do not easily make suggestions about hospitalizaton. Did your doctor give you the criteria that he uses to make the decision? What did he tell you about it? What did he say this would address?

Has your son had a complete neuropsychologist testing? Is he on medications?
What behaviours are you seeing?

Rabbit

I would recommend Hospitalization because of my experiences with
my daughter Mostly i would like to send hugs Rabbit

katya02

Solace
Can you tell us what types of evaluations your son has had, what treatments, what issues at school? What are the current issues that are wearing you out? Why has your doctor suggested hospitalization? If you can give a little more information there are many great people on this forum who have lots of experience - and can share that, extend support, and send you cyber {{{hugs}}}. If you make up a signature in the user profile section, that helps others see your situation at a glance.

Welcome!

BusynMember

ODD rarely stands alone. I can tell you that there is likely a lot more going on than ODD. Has he ever seen a neuropsychologist for a complete 6-10 hour evaluation. From my experience that will help you a lot more than hospitalization, which often does very little.