advice? working in a low quality Special Education program

PiscesMom

Ive heard some unions are useless too. I hope not yours. When i called the employment lawyer i lived in Illinois and was pretty much not given any hope. And Illinois is supposed to be better for workers but unless you are in an awesome union or are an irreplaceable employee (and who is?) the power lies with the employer. And its not getting any more employee friendly. in my opinion an employee should be able to bring complaints about the work environment without getting fired. But i learned its not that way at all.

I would not go to the union. Not unless there was an unfairness to me, and this is more unfair to kids, and sort of Mean Girl cliquey-ness. I might write a little review about the school in one of those online reviews boards or something like that.

susiestar

Roll With It
I would NOT do anything that could be traced back to you. Open a private window if you want to do this, at the very least. Do NOT use your name or email address.

Not only because some people are very likely to take any hint of criticism as an invitation to go after you like you are a weakened gazelle and they are a lion, but also because if the school district sees a review, positive or negative, it could be brought up as a violation of a social media or privacy policy. Those policies are generally incredibly vague and broad (often unconstitutionally so, but who has the time or $$ to fight that??) so that if an employee is a problem or annoyance, it is an easy thing to write them up or fire them over. Do NOT give them any ammunition.

If you TRULY want some bad reviews? Go to a public library to post them. Many, if not most public libraries wipe their servers at night so that the government cannot come in and see what people are doing online.

PiscesMom

If I did it at all, I would wait until I do not work there. That makes sense, that it would be against their policy. I probably won't do anything. Maybe I can just influence them by my actions. :(
Hopefully the room is an anomaly.