Aflredo recipe---sharing what I can't have

AllStressedOut

Started a new diet and excersize plan this week, but it keeps me from having my fat foods. I'm dying for some of my alfredo, needless to say heavy cream doesn't exactly go with my diet. I've lost 4 lbs though...slowly but surely. Someone make this and tell me it was great so I can live vicariously through you! hehe...I'm dying for my fat foods back!

1 stick real butter
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sugar
2 dashes of nutmeg
2 dashes of ground black pepper
2 dashes of cayenne pepper
1 3/4 cup of parmesan/romano cheese mixture (cheap kind with green lid)

Okay, melt the butter, add the cream & seasonings. DO NOT add the cheese yet. Whisk regularly on medium to medium low heat for 30 minutes. Whisk in cheese. Serve over linguine or fettuccine noodles. If you start boiling your water when you start melting your butter, it should all time out perfectly.

If you like chicken with your alfredo, the best chicken I've found with this is mixing Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix with garlic salt & the remaining parmesan/romano cheese mix. Shake your chicken breast in it and put it in a pan in the oven at 400 when you start cooking your sauce. It will be done when everything else is.

I'm hungry, can you tell? *licking my lips/rubbing my budda belly* hehe :rofl:

AllStressedOut

Its very good with shrimp. Of course, I love to cook my shrimp with loads of butter, garlic salt & garlic powder, like Red Lobster shrimp scampe. Again, not so good for my diet. You are soooo not helping me here! hehehe

slsh

member since 1999
Thanks so much for posting this!!! I've been looking for a good alfredo recipe. Used to have one a million years ago, but it got lost along the way. I will definitely try this out this weekend and let you know how it goes. Yummy!

AllStressedOut

Oh good! Let me know how it turns out. I love fat filled recipes....they're the best tasting! My salad tonight just isn't doing it for me.

Anyone ever watch Kathy Griffin, My Life on the D List? Have you seen the one where she starts eating healthy foods instead of junk food and it makes her stomach upset? Thats me! My body is meant to only digest the junk! : )

busywend

Allstressedout - I love alfredo - but it does NOT agree with me. So, I have it about once a year. Bummer!

Did you know you can edit you title? Just go to your first post and click edit. Change the title.

All right, Stressed Out.

You need to be arrested. I just made your alfredo sauce. Holy Moly is this GOOD! This is slap your mama good!

:bow:

AllStressedOut

Oh yeah! I can't tell you how bad I want some right now! Its a hit at my kids school too. The staff just loves it! Not too expensive for feeding 80 people, so I cook it when we do luncheons for everyone.

I'm so glad you liked it!

DDD

That is totally, exactly, completely....the kind of fattening
recipe that I love BUT try not to fix! Just reading it made me
feel all "happy" as Emeril says! DDD

AllStressedOut

Eating is makes me feel all happy, but alas, the diet is progressing, so I have to stay away from cooking for now.

Now I'm craving my peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. Maybe I should post that recipe too. Yummy!